5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Deus Ex Machina
- Person vs. Society (Culture)
- a a minor plot that relates in some way to the main story
- b A literary work in which characters, objects, or actions represent abstractions
- c A story containing unreal, imaginary features
- d conflict between a character and their society/culture
- e An unrealistic or unexpected intervention to rescue the protagonists or resolve the conflict. The term means ""The god out of the machine"" and refers to stage machinery
5 Multiple choice questions
- the final unraveling or solution of the plot
- the story is told through one charater's eyes and reveals only that character's thoughts.
- a narrator telling the story using "you"
- a character who is well developed by the author
- light and humorous drama with a happy ending
5 True/False questions
Innocent Eye Narrator → the stereotyped character in which he is immediately known from typical characters in history
Dramatic Irony → irony understood by the audience, but not by the character
Biography → using language that evokes one or all of the five senses: seeing, hearing, tasting, smelling, touching.
Tragedy → using language that evokes one or all of the five senses: seeing, hearing, tasting, smelling, touching.
T.W.I.S.T. → Low/Informal diction, Elevated/Formal diction, Abstract and Concrete diction, Denotation and Connotation