- Electro acoustic with digitally sampled sounds, vocals, a reed pipe and popular dance rhythms. - Unaccompanied interludes enable us to hear the tapping of feet. - Composed in collaboration with the choreographer.
Describe the accompaniment for Swansong.
Costume designer for Swansong
- Everyday clothes associated with roles: + Uniforms for the guards. + Jeans and T shirt for the victim
Describe the costumes in Swansong
Lighting designer for Swansong
- Overhead lighting and a diagonal shaft of light from upstage left. - Footlights create shadows. - Atmospheric
Describe the lighting in Swansong
Set designer for Swansong
- Bare stage except for chair. - Suggests a cell. - Interrogators always exit stage right (a door?) - The chair has many purposes and is used symbolically as a weapon, a shield and shackles. - Props (canes and red nose) are used to degrade the victim.
Describe the set in Swansong.
Type of staging in Swansong
Three men (also performed by three women or a mixed cast but NOT two male guards and a female victim)
Dancers in Swansong
Episodic, dramatic, thematic
Choreographic style of Swansong
- Contemporary, with physical contact and some balletic movements. - Includes references to social and theatrical dance. - Tap (especially for interrogative scenes)
Dance styles in Swansong
Human rights; prisoner of conscience
Theme of Swansong
- The work of Amnesty International - Saying goodbye to a career as a dancer - The experiences of Chilean poet Victor Jara - The Novel 'A Man' by Oriana Fallaci
Starting points/inspiration for Swansong
- Introduction followed by seven sections. - The victim remains on stage throughout and performs a solo in section 3 with motifs that are developed/repeated in sections 5 and 7.
Structure/sections in Swansong
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Theatre 131: Test #4 (Chapter 6) World Theatre
Theater Chapters 4-5
GCSE Dance - Shadows
GCSE Dance - Shadows
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
AQA Chemistry C2 Unit 2 Quantitative Chemistry
AQA GCSE C2 Chemistry Keywords
AQA GCSE Geography Case Studies
GCSE OCR Business Studies: Production, Finance and External Business Environment