Upgrade to remove ads
Spiritual Development 2 Final
Terms in this set (38)
What determines who we are?
C. __________ in ______
D. ____________ and _________
C. Experiences in Life
D. Attitudes and choices
My mentalities, my pictures, my ________ form the biggest _______ to my success.
People who don't _______ in themselves will never ______ and they will also keep those around from _________
Believe; succeed; succeeding
A common cause of bad timing in relationships is ______ ________
Benjamin Franklin believed, "As we must ______ for every idle ______, so we must account for every _________ __________
account; word; idle silence
Strangers are what ______ are made of. (Cullen Hightower)
Instead of putting _____ in their place, we must put _______ in ______ place.
Others; ourselves; their
How we use the options ______ brings reveals our _______
People _____ learn from people they don't ______.
You can make more friends in _____ _______ by becoming interested in other people than you can in _____ _______ by trying to get other people interested in you. (Dale Carnegie)
Two months; two years
Remember that a person's _____ is to him or her the ______ and most ________ sound.
Name; sweetest; important
Talk in ____ of the _____ person's interest.
The person ______ charisma walks into a group and says, " ____ ___ ____." The person _____ charisma walks into a group and says, "_____ ____ _____."
Without; Here I am
With; There you are
Keep away from people who try to _____ your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become _______ (Mark Twain).
_____ for people should precede _______ people.
Conflict is ________; Confrontation is _________
Never let the _____ mean more than the _______
The "art of getting along" depends about _____ percent on (our) own behavior toward _______.
"In the end, we will ________ not the words of our ______, but the _______ of our friends." (Martin Luther King)
Remember; enemies; silence
"In necessary things, ______. In doubtful things, _______. In all things, ________." (Richard Baxter)
Unity; liberty; charity
Keep a fair-sized _______ in your back yard, in which to _____ the _____ of your friends (Beecher).
Cemetery; bury; faults
Characteristic most needed for success in leadership positions
Ability to work with people
Life is pretty much a _______ ____ (Robert Woodruff)
Because God is glorious, built within everything in creation is the glory of God, simply by it being what He intended it to be.
Name FOUR reasons (of six listed) why we need to examine ourselves
1. We need to examine ourselves because deception is in the world
2. We need to examine ourselves because we are called to go to perfection
3. We need to examine ourselves because if we examine ourselves, then we exempt ourselves from some of God's tests
4. We need to examine ourselves so that we can ask God for a greater anointing
5. We need to examine ourselves because we change
6. We need to examine ourselves because God will examine us
If we are going to live for the Lord, then we need to _____ how He does things. For the Israelites, living for God was frustrating because they did not understand how God ________.
Survival is a matter of existence; enduring is a matter of _______
All effectual lives have had in common the _______ of _______
Genius of Endurance
God's Development of Patience in Us
A. _________: We see the _______ of it all. We are believers, we are committed.
B. ________: The vision is over, our hope is lost. It all looks ___________.
C. _________: This is the time when our commitment seems worthless, our efforts in vain. Here we will be offered an __________.
D. ________ ________: If we endure, God will ____________ fulfill His word to us.
A. Dream; possibility
B. Death; impossible
C. Desert; alternative
D. Divine fulfillment; supernaturally
The greatest asset in accomplishment is perseverance
Repeated failure is the only route to excellence
For Jesus, his scars are the evidence of both His greatest failure and His greatest success.
Underlying Assumptions about Conflict Resolution
1. Conflict is Inevitable
2. It is essential that we resolve conflict
3. We must be humble if we are going to make peace
4. We must be wise if we are going to make peace
5. Sometimes we wind up on the cross. Jesus did.
Determine Root Causes (KNOW TWO)
1. Does the conflict reveal that you are actually "Boss" in your life?
2. Does the conflict reveal that you have an attitude of pride?
3. Does the conflict reveal that you have made something other than God the primary delight in your life?
4. Is the conflict a direct or indirect result of moral impurity?
5. Does the conflict reveal that you have neglected past warnings of the Spirit?
6. Does the conflict indicate there are more people involved than you first realized?
7. Is the conflict more complicated than it should be because you have been disloyal?
8. Does the conflict reveal the lack of a servant's spirit?
9. Is God using this conflict as a pressure to lead you to greater Godliness?
10. Does the conflict reveal a bitter spirit?
The way that God reconciled to man is the great _______ that we are to reconcile with each other.
"The things that matter most must never be at the mercy of the things that matter least." (Goethe)
The great secret of success is to do fewer things but do more important things, and do more of them, do them longer, and get better at them.
(know AT LEAST FIVE)
- Work _____
- Work ______
- Work ______
- Work _____
- Do more important things.
- ______ similar tasks
- Get better at your _____ tasks
- Don't waste time; work all the _____ you work
This set is often in folders with...
Spiritual Development Test 2 (4/15)
Discipleship Test #4
Altar Counseling Final
You might also like...
More Ready than You Realize Reading Guides
BCM 253 FINAL, BCM 253 FINAL 2
Prayer & Spirituality FINAL TRI 1
Prayer and Loss Final Study Guide
Other sets by this creator
Christian Counseling Test 1
Corinthians Test (3/8) Ch. 1-3
Romans Final Exam
General Epistles Test 1