5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is selective permeability?
- What is the plasma membrane?
- What stops molecules from spontaneously breaking down into less energetic molecules?
- What type of reaction is this? photosynthesis starts with co2 and h2o molecules, using energy absorbed from sunlight, produces energy-rich sugar molecules
- What type of reaction is this? burning of wood releases glucose molecules energy as heat and light
- a PM allows some substances to cross more easily than others
- b Endergonic reaction
- c Exergonic reaction
- d Forms a boundary between the living cell and its surroundings and controls the traffic of molecules into and out of the cell, takes up substances the cell needs and disposes of the cells wastes
- e The energy barrier
5 Multiple choice questions
- The way of an plant/animal to prevent excessive uptake or excessive loss of water
- Because plants have cell walls which make it harder for the solution to take effect, need more of it
- fluid mosaic of phospholipids and proteins
- Doesn't bind to active sight, binds to corner of enzyme, changes shape of active sight so substrate cannot bind
- The way cells release energy, chemical process that uses oxygen to convert the chemical energy stored in fuel molecules to form chemical energy that the cell can use to perform work
5 True/False questions
What is a receptor protein? → A protein that's part of the fluid mosaic that fit's the shape of a message just like an enzyme fit's the shape of a substrate
How are enzymes like assembly lines? → fluid mosaic of phospholipids and proteins
How does facilitated diffusion work? → The protein receives the molecule and changes shape to launch it out to other side
What is ATP? → The diffusion of water across a selectively permeable membrane
What is the solution? and why? → The sight where the enzyme and substrate react together, specific because the active sight only fits one substrate