Create an account
Crews will self-alert @ locations w/o "C2 agency".
* but must coordinate w/controlling C2 agency.
* PIC may elect to self-alert.
Flight Duty Period (FDP)
The time pd starting @ mission report time & ending immediately aft the aircrew completes the final engine shutdown of the day.
Pre-departure Crew Rest
1. "12h" min. for all missions.
2. "24" for missions sched to be away from home station "16h" or more.
a. First 12h duty restrictions: No official duties may be performed.
b. Second 12: No Duties
3. Infringement will require the start of another "12h" inviolate CR.
"24" for missions sched to be away from home station "16h" or more:
a. First 12h duty restrictions: NO OFFICIAL DUTIES may be performed.
b. Second 12h duty restrictions: ...
c. Infringement of the inviolate crew rest pd will require the start of another "12h" inviolate crew rest pd.
Off-station/En-route Crew Rest
* Pd of ground time/rest aircrews are provided b/w engine shutdown & subsequent takeoff.
* Alloted for missions w/RON (Remain Overnight)
* Min en-route crew rest pd is "12h" before the legal for alert or sched report time
Sched/unsched mission stop that require the aircrew to spend the night @ a given locat'n due to maintenance, crew duty, or pt emergency concerns.
1. Min. en route crew rest pd is :12h" before the legal for alert time.
2. Members do not enter en route crew rest until all official post-flt duties are complete.
3. If CR is interrupted, ACM will re-enter CR for a min of "12h" pd.
If a mission has a RON requirement...
The PIC & MCD will coordinated alert/take-off time based on the latest crew member CDT end pt.
Post Mission Crew Rest (PMCR)
1. Begins upon mission termination @ home station
2. For missions that keep an aircrew off station "16h" or more, members are provided 1h (up to 96h) PMRC for ea. "3h" off station.
3. NOT auth for mission that keep an aircrew off station less than 16h, but may be auth at discretion of CC.
4. Aircrew member wills not enter pre-dept crew rest until PMRC pd expires.
Aircrew members travelling in passenger stat for the purpose of positioning or de-positioning to perform missions or mission support functions.
Deadhead Prior to Mission (Positioning)
Current/qualified aircrew members may perform primary aircrew duties after deadheading, provided they do not exceed a basic "FDP".
Deadhead After Mission (De-Positioning)
Aircrew may fly in deadhead stat aft performing primary crew duties for a "max" of 24h from the time the crew members FDP began.
Scheduling Restrictions for AEC: W/in 12 hours
* Consuming alcohol beverages or while under the influence of alcohol.
* Following a hypobaric (altitude) flt chamber.
Aircrew members may use the ff. meds w/o med consultation:
* skin antiseptic, topical anti-fungal, 1% hydrocortisone, or benzyl peroxide.
* single dose OTC (ie aspirin, acetaminophen, ibuprofen)
* hemorroidal suppositories
* FS approved dietary/herbal supps
*oxymetazoline or phenylephring nasal sprays.
Duties Not to Include Flying (DNIF)
*Crew members are NOT DNIF after receiving immu.*
- If adverse reaction, may be considered until cleared by FS to fly.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together