Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Measuring Matter Notes - Mrs. Krautzel
Terms in this set (17)
Anything that has mass and takes up space
The amount of matter in an object measured in grams or kilograms
The amount of space an object takes up measured in milliliters of liters
The amount of matter in a given space measured in grams per milliliter
What is the formula and label for DENSITY?
D=m/vLabel-g/ml of kg/L
6. What is the formula and label for MASS?
m = (v)(D) Label - g or kg
7. What is the formula and label for VOLUME?
v = m/D Label - mL or L
The density of a material is____________, regardless the size and shape of the substance.
9. Density can be described by how tightly packed the _________are in a given space
You can compare the densities of any two objects if they have the same volume by obtaining their _________. The denser item will be ___________.
mass and heavier
11. You can compare the densities of any two objects if they have the same mass by obtaining their___________. The denser item will have a ___________volume.
volume and lower
12. What two things is DENSITY affected by?
Temperature and Pressure
13. Usually materials become MORE or LESS dense (compacted/tighter/smaller) as they cool down.
Water is the exception to the temperature/density rule because it __________when is freezes (cools down).
15. The density of liquid water is __________
16. Increase in pressure results in an increase of____________.
17. By increasing the _____________, you are putting more molecules in the same space or the same amount of molecules in a smaller space.
Other sets by this creator
Warm-Up: Unit 1 Lesson 2 re-
Warm Up: Unit 1 Lesson 1 Review
Irony, Types of Irony! 32 practice
Searching for the Titanic Vocabulary - 14 (Krautze…
Recommended textbook solutions
Jerry L. Sarquis, Mickey Sarquis
Chemistry: Matter and Change
Buthelezi, Dingrando, Hainen, Wistrom
Davis, Frey, Sarquis, J., Sarquis, M.