5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- CAM Pathway
- Primary Electron Acceptor
- Electron Transport Chain
- a A stack of thylakoids.
- b They transfer electrons from molecule to molecule in a chain.
- c A specialized molecule sharing the reaction center with the pair of reaction-center chlorophyll a molecules; it accepts an electron from one of these two chlorophylls.
- d Any of a group of green pigments found in the thylakoids of the Chrloroplasts.
- e Crassulacean Acid Metabolism, water-conserving pathway.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The biochemical process by which green plants and some bacteria capture light energy and use it to produce chemical bonds. Carbon dioxide and water are consumed while oxygen and simple sugars are produced.
- A colored chemical compound that absorbs light, producing color.
- Organelle found in cells of plants and some other organisms that captures the energy from sunlight and converts it into chemical energy.
- First stage of photosynthesis. Named Because it requires light to happen. Begins with the absorption of light in the Chloroplasts.
- Alternative pathway enables certain plants to fix CO2 into four-carbon compounds.
5 True/False questions
Chemiosmosis → The synthesis of ATP.
Heterotroph → Animals and other organisms that must get energy from food instead of directly from sunlight or inorganic substances.
Photosystem → Each cluster of pigment molecules and the proteins that the pigments molecules are embedded in.
Stroma → The solution that is surrounding the Grana.
Carotenoid → Organism that can capture energy from sunlight or chemicals and use it to produce its own food from inorganic compounds.