5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Electron Transport Chain
- a The solution that is surrounding the Grana.
- b Animals and other organisms that must get energy from food instead of directly from sunlight or inorganic substances.
- c The biochemical process by which green plants and some bacteria capture light energy and use it to produce chemical bonds. Carbon dioxide and water are consumed while oxygen and simple sugars are produced.
- d They transfer electrons from molecule to molecule in a chain.
- e A colored chemical compound that absorbs light, producing color.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The synthesis of ATP.
- First stage of photosynthesis. Named Because it requires light to happen. Begins with the absorption of light in the Chloroplasts.
- Other compounds found in the thylakoid, functions as a accessory compound.
- Any of a group of green pigments found in the thylakoids of the Chrloroplasts.
- A specialized molecule sharing the reaction center with the pair of reaction-center chlorophyll a molecules; it accepts an electron from one of these two chlorophylls.
5 True/False questions
Photosystem → The biochemical process by which green plants and some bacteria capture light energy and use it to produce chemical bonds. Carbon dioxide and water are consumed while oxygen and simple sugars are produced.
Carbon Fixation → The incorporation of CO2 into organic compounds.
Stomata → Small pores on the underside of leaves.
Chloroplast → Organelle found in cells of plants and some other organisms that captures the energy from sunlight and converts it into chemical energy.
C4 Pathway → Crassulacean Acid Metabolism, water-conserving pathway.