5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- C4 Pathway
- Carbon Fixation
- Primary Electron Acceptor
- a A specialized molecule sharing the reaction center with the pair of reaction-center chlorophyll a molecules; it accepts an electron from one of these two chlorophylls.
- b The solution that is surrounding the Grana.
- c Alternative pathway enables certain plants to fix CO2 into four-carbon compounds.
- d The incorporation of CO2 into organic compounds.
- e The biochemical process by which green plants and some bacteria capture light energy and use it to produce chemical bonds. Carbon dioxide and water are consumed while oxygen and simple sugars are produced.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Crassulacean Acid Metabolism, water-conserving pathway.
- Each cluster of pigment molecules and the proteins that the pigments molecules are embedded in.
- A series of Enzyme-assested chemical reactions that produces a three-carbon sugar.
- A stack of thylakoids.
- Organelle found in cells of plants and some other organisms that captures the energy from sunlight and converts it into chemical energy.
5 True/False questions
Heterotroph → Organism that can capture energy from sunlight or chemicals and use it to produce its own food from inorganic compounds.
Chlorophyll → Organelle found in cells of plants and some other organisms that captures the energy from sunlight and converts it into chemical energy.
Autotroph → Animals and other organisms that must get energy from food instead of directly from sunlight or inorganic substances.
Stomata → The solution that is surrounding the Grana.
Carotenoid → Other compounds found in the thylakoid, functions as a accessory compound.