5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Light Reactions
- Electron Transport Chain
- Primary Electron Acceptor
- a They transfer electrons from molecule to molecule in a chain.
- b First stage of photosynthesis. Named Because it requires light to happen. Begins with the absorption of light in the Chloroplasts.
- c The synthesis of ATP.
- d A specialized molecule sharing the reaction center with the pair of reaction-center chlorophyll a molecules; it accepts an electron from one of these two chlorophylls.
- e Any of a group of green pigments found in the thylakoids of the Chrloroplasts.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Crassulacean Acid Metabolism, water-conserving pathway.
- The biochemical process by which green plants and some bacteria capture light energy and use it to produce chemical bonds. Carbon dioxide and water are consumed while oxygen and simple sugars are produced.
- Each cluster of pigment molecules and the proteins that the pigments molecules are embedded in.
- Animals and other organisms that must get energy from food instead of directly from sunlight or inorganic substances.
- Small pores on the underside of leaves.
5 True/False questions
Autotroph → Organism that can capture energy from sunlight or chemicals and use it to produce its own food from inorganic compounds.
Pigment → Small pores on the underside of leaves.
Thylakoid → A membrane system found within chloroplasts that contains the components for photosynthesis.
Granum → The solution that is surrounding the Grana.
Stroma → The solution that is surrounding the Grana.