5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- muhammad's birthday
- a (Mawlid) Celebration of Muhammad's Birthday DUHHH
- b chapter (of Quran)
- c ("surrender") the term for the religion of Muslims
- d (1206-1481) Largest world empire prior to the Soviet Union. Rapidly expanded in the 1200s, overthrowing most nations from the pacific to the Danube, including Abbasid Empire.
- e ("ruler") First used for semi-autonomous rulers under the Abbasids. Later became a term for ruler of many Islamic states.
5 Multiple choice questions
- in purpose, like the kosher labels used by Jews. An "M" is enclosed in a circle with a crescent
- a legal opinion by a qualified jurist, clarifying a disputed point of law. In practice, a fatwa is treated as having force of law
("cube") a pre-islamic cubed building in mecca believed by muslims to have been built by Abraham. It is the center of the Muslim Pilgrimage
- ("one who surrenders") The term for an adherent to Islam
- (570-632) Muslims believe that Muhammad was the last of the prohpets of god, such as abraham, moses, and jesus
5 True/False questions
medina → Muhammad established his first Islamic government there after fleeing from Mecca
Abbasid → (750-1258) the 500-year Muslim empire that overthrew the umayyads. Its capital was bagdad. Led by descendents of Muhammad`s uncle al-Abbas
the color green → Muhammad's fav. color (the color of his turban) and is often the color of flags of muslim nations. Also, garments to be worn in paradise are said to be green.
akbar → attempted to establish a new religion based on elements of various religions
wahhabi → in shiite tradition, the hidden imam who will return at the end of the world