5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the division of large numbers of people into layers according to their relative power, poverty, and prestige is referred to as..
- mahatma is a member of India's brahman caste. what is mahatmas's most likely occupation?
- in every society from the hunting and gathering society to the post industrial society, what has been the most common basis for social stratification?
- sally is employed as a computer programmer for the ellis corporation. she has a savings account of 15000 and owns a few shares of ellis stock. she thinks of herself as an investor rather then as a worker. marx would maintain that sally has experienced
- which of the following characteristics is most associated with the class system
- a gender
- b social stratification
- c movement up and down the class leader
- d a Hindu priest
- e false class consciousness
5 Multiple choice questions
- he is a monk in st. thomas aquinas parish
- security cameras
- they would revolt against the bourgeoisie
5 True/False questions
the two theorists who concluded that the universality of stratification can be explained by the necessity to motivate the most qualified people to fill the more important and demanding positions in a society were → apartheid
according to melvin trumin, which of the following high school seniors will most likely attend college → agricultural society
of the following methods which would be the best way to preserve a stratification system → movement up and down the class leader
in his book the ruling class mosca made three arguments regarding society and power " not one of them → social stratification
the american sociologist who campaigned for civil rights in the 20th century and made the comment " gradually the entire white south became an armed camp to keep negroes in slavery and to kill the black rebel" was → crime, debt, and war