6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- the page opposite the editorial page, which is usually devoted to opinion columns by writers other than the paper's editors
- the words below a photograph, describing the action and often naming the people
- the space at the top of the front page on each side of gthe newspaper's masthead. It is used for weather, index, circulation figures etc...
- a vertical division of type in a newspaper
- the first few sentences or opening paragraph of a news story that summarizes the event. The lead generally tells who, what, where, when and why.
- an abbreviation for advertising
6 True/False questions
dateline → the line at the beginning of a story giving the place of the reported incident
editorial → any article, other than an editorial or an advertisement, written for the newspaper
circulation → the words below a photograph, describing the action and often naming the people
masthead → the name of the newspaper as it appears at the top of page one
index → a list that provides information as to the locations of the various parts of the newspaper
byline → a "title" in large type at the top of a story