6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- a column which expresses an opinion
- the space at the top of the front page on each side of gthe newspaper's masthead. It is used for weather, index, circulation figures etc...
- a list that provides information as to the locations of the various parts of the newspaper
- the first few sentences or opening paragraph of a news story that summarizes the event. The lead generally tells who, what, where, when and why.
- a vertical division of type in a newspaper
- directly below the headline, tells about the main point of the story
6 True/False questions
copy → all printed material for publication
caption → all printed material for publication
dateline → the line at the beginning of a story giving the place of the reported incident
banner → the writer's name, appearing above a news or feature story
headline → a "title" in large type at the top of a story
byline → a "title" in large type at the top of a story