5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Continental System
- Peninsular War
- Napoleonic Code
- King Louis XVIII
- a This was the civil code put out by Napoleon that granted equality of all male citizens before the law and granted absolute security of wealth and private property
- b the king who assumed the throne once napoleon was exciled to elba. unpopular among subjects, especially peasants
- c Napoleon's efforts to block foreign trade with England by forbidding Importation of British goods Into Europe.
- d a conflict, lasting from 1808 to 1813, in which Spanish rebels, with the aid of British forces, fought to drive Napoleon's French troops out of Spain. killed 300,000 french
- e agreement
5 Multiple choice questions
- parisian wage earners and small shop keepers
- agreeing that as many as possible of the rulers whom Napoleon had driven from their thrones should be restored to power
- composed of 5 men, were all moderates not revolutionary idealists, despite corruption gave the troubled country a period of order
- French nobles who fled from France during the peasant uprisings
- A war between the United States and Britain the resulted because of capturing naval vessels and Native Americans problems blamed on Britain.
5 True/False questions
coup d' etat → a sudden seizure of power, or "blow of he state"
Second Estate → composed of two groups, the bourgeoisie and the workers of France's cities, made up 98% of population
Republic of Virtue → reign of the jacobins who set out to crush , thousands killed at the guillotine
Holy Alliance → a machine for beheading people, used as a means of execution during the French Revolution.
Moderates → sat on the right og the meeting hall, opposed more chamges in governent, trusted the king, and upheld the idea of limited monarchy