5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Holy Alliance
- Napoleon Bonaparte
- rights of man
- Balance of power
- coup d' etat
- a a league of European nations formed by the leaders of Russia, Austria, and Prussia after the congress of Vienna
- b liberty, property, security and resistance to oppression
- c no one country has more power than the other
- d a sudden seizure of power, or "blow of he state"
- e Overthrew French Directory in 1799 and became emperor of the French in 1804. Failed to defeat Great Britain and abdicated in 1814. Returned to power briefly in 1815 but was defeated and died in exile.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Britain persuaded Russia, Austria, Sweden to join against France
- reign of the jacobins who set out to crush , thousands killed at the guillotine
- a machine for beheading people, used as a means of execution during the French Revolution.
- rich nobles, made up 2% of population
- vote of the people, French supported Napoleon
5 True/False questions
Waterloo → Napoleon's final battle and he lost; the English and the Persians defeated him.
concordant → agreement
Jacobins → sat on the left side of the meeting hall, wanted more sweeping changes, hated the king and wanted to set up a republic, believed commoners should have full power
National Convention → 1. women weren't given a right to vote 2. reduced Louis XVI's role from king to common citizen & prisoner, 3. tried Louis for treason and found him guilty
First Coalition → composed of Great Britain, Holland, and Spain joined with Prussia and Austria