5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Third Coalition
- Peninsular War
- Continental System
- rights of man
- Jean Paul Marat
- a liberty, property, security and resistance to oppression
- b Britain persuaded Russia, Austria, Sweden to join against France
- c Napoleon's efforts to block foreign trade with England by forbidding Importation of British goods Into Europe.
- d published a radical journal called Friend of the People
- e a conflict, lasting from 1808 to 1813, in which Spanish rebels, with the aid of British forces, fought to drive Napoleon's French troops out of Spain. killed 300,000 french
5 Multiple choice questions
- an 1805 naval battle in which Napoleon's forces were defeated by a British fleet under the command of Horatio Nelson.
- group that wanted to remove the king and establish a republic
- a french congress established representatives of the Third Estate on July 14, 1789 to enact laws and reforms in the name of the French people
- government run public schools
- composed of 5 men, were all moderates not revolutionary idealists, despite corruption gave the troubled country a period of order
5 True/False questions
Declaration of the Rights of Man → statement reflecting the enlightenment stating that men were born and remain free and equal in rights... the aim of all political association is the preservation of the natural rights of man
Concert of Europe → reign of the jacobins who set out to crush , thousands killed at the guillotine
Marie Antoinette → queen of France (as wife of Louis XVI) who was unpopular her extravagance and opposition to reform contributed to the overthrow of the monarchy; she was guillotined along with her husband (1755-1793)
The War of 1812 → A war between the United States and Britain the resulted because of capturing naval vessels and Native Americans problems blamed on Britain.
Holy Alliance → a league of European nations formed by the leaders of Russia, Austria, and Prussia after the congress of Vienna