5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Napoleon Bonaparte
- The Directory
- Women's March
- a forcible closing of ports
- b composed of 5 men, were all moderates not revolutionary idealists, despite corruption gave the troubled country a period of order
- c Overthrew French Directory in 1799 and became emperor of the French in 1804. Failed to defeat Great Britain and abdicated in 1814. Returned to power briefly in 1815 but was defeated and died in exile.
- d there was a tax on bread and the peasants couldn't afford it so they go to Marie Antoinette and she supposedly tells them "let them eat cake"
- e sat on the left side of the meeting hall, wanted more sweeping changes, hated the king and wanted to set up a republic, believed commoners should have full power
5 Multiple choice questions
- vote of the people, French supported Napoleon
- A war between the United States and Britain the resulted because of capturing naval vessels and Native Americans problems blamed on Britain.
- liberty, property, security and resistance to oppression
- members of an irregular military force, the spanish peasant fighters
- This was the civil code put out by Napoleon that granted equality of all male citizens before the law and granted absolute security of wealth and private property
5 True/False questions
Georges Danton → rich nobles, made up 2% of population
Estates General → A wave of senseless panic that spread through the French countryside after the storming of the Bastille in 1789
Balance of power → no one country has more power than the other
concordant → agreement
First Estate → roman catholic church officials, made up 1% of the population