5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- coup d' etat
- Georges Danton
- King Louis XVI
- Holy Alliance
- National Convention
- a a sudden seizure of power, or "blow of he state"
- b a league of European nations formed by the leaders of Russia, Austria, and Prussia after the congress of Vienna
- c rev. leader who was devoted to the rights of Paris' poor people
- d absolute monarch of France at the start of the French Revolution. After yielding power to the revolutionary National Assembly, he was overthrown when the French Republic was declared and then executed, along with his wife, Queen Marie Antoinette, during the Reign of Terror.
- e 1. women weren't given a right to vote 2. reduced Louis XVI's role from king to common citizen & prisoner, 3. tried Louis for treason and found him guilty
5 Multiple choice questions
- Overthrew French Directory in 1799 and became emperor of the French in 1804. Failed to defeat Great Britain and abdicated in 1814. Returned to power briefly in 1815 but was defeated and died in exile.
- rich nobles, made up 2% of population
- The Storming of the Bastille, people thought the king was hiding troops in the prison so they stormed it and tore it down
- liberty, property, security and resistance to oppression
- composed of 5 men, were all moderates not revolutionary idealists, despite corruption gave the troubled country a period of order
5 True/False questions
Blockade → sat in the center of the hall and wanted some changes in government, but not as many as the radicals.
Waterloo → Napoleon's final battle and he lost; the English and the Persians defeated him.
Maximilien Robespierre → Overthrew French Directory in 1799 and became emperor of the French in 1804. Failed to defeat Great Britain and abdicated in 1814. Returned to power briefly in 1815 but was defeated and died in exile.
Continental System → Napoleon's efforts to block foreign trade with England by forbidding Importation of British goods Into Europe.
Legitimacy → agreeing that as many as possible of the rulers whom Napoleon had driven from their thrones should be restored to power