6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Land mark legislation passed in 1964 that banned discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, or national origin
- A basic set of political beliefs about the roles of government and the individual in society.
- A society's framework of shared values, beliefs, and attitudes concerning politics and government.
- An ideology at the middle of the political spectrum that combines elements of both liberal and conservative thought
- Laws that enforced segregation and denied legal equality to African Americans.
5 True/False questions
resident alien → An immigrant who has legal status in the United States; a lawful permanent resident.
socialism → An economic system that calls for public ownership of the means of production.
civil society → Land mark legislation passed in 1964 that banned discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, or national origin
liberalism → An ideology based on a strong belief in personal freedom and a minimal role for government.
conservatism → An ideology favoring a limited role for government and more private initiative by nongovernmental groups in efforts to solve society's problems.