5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who were the gentry? Who did this include?
- Describe the first New England school?
- Who was part of the middle class?
- Among all the colonists, who were the most concerned about education?
- Did a class system exist in the colonies?
- a farmers who worked their own land skilled craftsmen, and some trade people.
- b yes a class system exsisited.
- c they allowed both rich and poor children to recive an education.
- d the new englanders.
- e the top of society. planets minesters sucssesful owners and
5 Multiple choice questions
- they recieved freedoms ddues.
- they took care of their husbands household and families. they worked on the feilds. they worked outside the houses.
- it didn't becuase they where eslaved so they didnt
- the preaches and people at the church tuaght them.
- they tauht people the duty to study the bible.
5 True/False questions
How did the Great Awakening contribute to a spirit of democratic feelings in the colonies? → the great awakening aroused bitter debate.
What was the name of the preacher, who helped to set off the Great Awakening? →
in 1642, the Massachusetts assembly passed a law ordering parents to teach children "to read and understand the principles of their religion." What did towns of 50 or 100 children have to do? *** →
Who was George Whitefield? → an english minister.
Who are indentured servants? → indentured servanss sighned contracts to work without wages for a period of four to seven years for anyoen who would pay their ocean passage to the Americas.