5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How did the Great Awakening contribute to a spirit of democratic feelings in the colonies?
- Who was George Whitefield?
- What was the name of the religious movement that swept through the colonies in the 1730s and 1740s?
- Did a class system exist in the colonies?
- Who was part of the middle class?
- a an english minister.
- b the great awakening.
- c yes a class system exsisited.
- d farmers who worked their own land skilled craftsmen, and some trade people.
- e the great awakening aroused bitter debate.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the new englanders.
- they allowed both rich and poor children to recive an education.
- They worked at the
- they had to hire a school teacher.
5 True/False questions
Who were the gentry? Who did this include? → the top of society. planets minesters sucssesful owners and
What did John Edwards teach → an english minister.
Who set up the first public schools supported by taxes? → Massachusets.
What did Puritans believe about the bible? → they tauht people the duty to study the bible.
Did African customs survive in Virginia and Maryland? Explain. → yes