5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who are indentured servants?
- What was the name of the preacher, who helped to set off the Great Awakening?
- What types of work did women do in the colonies? In the back country? In the cities?
- Among all the colonists, who were the most concerned about education?
- What happened to the African American population in the Middle and New England colonies?
- a it increased.
- b they took care of their husbands household and families. they worked on the feilds. they worked outside the houses.
- c indentured servanss sighned contracts to work without wages for a period of four to seven years for anyoen who would pay their ocean passage to the Americas.
- e the new englanders.
5 Multiple choice questions
- farmers who worked their own land skilled craftsmen, and some trade people.
- the preaches and people at the church tuaght them.
- they had to hire a school teacher.
- the great awakening.
- an english minister.
5 True/False questions
Describe the first New England school? → indentured servanss sighned contracts to work without wages for a period of four to seven years for anyoen who would pay their ocean passage to the Americas.
Did African customs survive in Virginia and Maryland? Explain. → yes
Who set up the first public schools supported by taxes? → the top of society. planets minesters sucssesful owners and
What types of work did African Americans do in South Carolina port towns? → They worked at the
What did John Edwards teach → an english minister.