5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What did John Edwards teach
- Who were the gentry? Who did this include?
- Who was George Whitefield?
- Among all the colonists, who were the most concerned about education?
- What was the name of the religious movement that swept through the colonies in the 1730s and 1740s?
- a the top of society. planets minesters sucssesful owners and
- b the great awakening.
- c an english minister.
- d he preched about the sweetness and beuty of god.
- e the new englanders.
5 Multiple choice questions
- they recieved freedoms ddues.
- they allowed both rich and poor children to recive an education.
- farmers who worked their own land skilled craftsmen, and some trade people.
- the preaches and people at the church tuaght them.
5 True/False questions
Did a class system exist in the colonies? → farmers who worked their own land skilled craftsmen, and some trade people.
How did the Great Awakening contribute to a spirit of democratic feelings in the colonies? → the great awakening aroused bitter debate.
What happened to the African American population in the Middle and New England colonies? → it increased.
What types of work did African Americans do in South Carolina port towns? → they took care of their husbands household and families. they worked on the feilds. they worked outside the houses.
What did Puritans believe about the bible? → they tauht people the duty to study the bible.