5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who was George Whitefield?
- Who set up the first public schools supported by taxes?
- What did Puritans believe about the bible?
- What types of work did women do in the colonies? In the back country? In the cities?
- What happened at the end of the indentured servant's term of service?
- a they took care of their husbands household and families. they worked on the feilds. they worked outside the houses.
- b they recieved freedoms ddues.
- c an english minister.
- d they tauht people the duty to study the bible.
- e Massachusets.
5 Multiple choice questions
- They worked at the
- it didn't becuase they where eslaved so they didnt
- they allowed both rich and poor children to recive an education.
- the top of society. planets minesters sucssesful owners and
5 True/False questions
What did John Edwards teach → he preched about the sweetness and beuty of god.
What was the name of the religious movement that swept through the colonies in the 1730s and 1740s? → the great awakening.
Among all the colonists, who were the most concerned about education? → the new englanders.
Who was part of the middle class? → an english minister.
How did the Great Awakening contribute to a spirit of democratic feelings in the colonies? → the preaches and people at the church tuaght them.