7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- the additional oxygen consumed above resting value after an exercise bout that is utilized to aid in many recovery processes a similar term is oxygen
- one of the several molecules that serve as an electron and hydrogen carrier in bioenregetics
- an amino acid that the human body can't synthesize
- a process in which complex substances are broken down into simpler substances, yielding energy
- a series of chemical reactions that take place in the mitochondria, involving cytochromes, that result in the production of ATP and water
- second stage of metabolism, requiring the presence of oxygen, in which the breakdown of glucose (in a process called the Krebs or citric acid cycle) yields a high amount of energy.
6 True/False questions
deamination → The removal of an amino group (-NH2) from an amino acid or other organic compound.
ATP-PC System → a compound composed of a carbon chain and hydrogen atoms with and acid group (COOH) at one end and a methyl group (CH3) at the other
anabolic reaction → a process in which complex substances are broken down into simpler substances, yielding energy
Enzyme → The removal of an amino group (-NH2) from an amino acid or other organic compound.
adenosine triphosphate (ATP) → a high energy phosphate molecule synthesized and used by cells for energy to perform cellular activities
anaerobic metabolism → The metabolism that takes place in the absence of oxygen; the principle product is lactic acid.