7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- a compound composed of a carbon chain and hydrogen atoms with and acid group (COOH) at one end and a methyl group (CH3) at the other
- performance of light physical activity immediately after an exercise bout to aid recovery
- a process in which complex substances are broken down into simpler substances, yielding energy
- an amino acid that the human body can't synthesize
- the additional oxygen consumed above resting value after an exercise bout that is utilized to aid in many recovery processes a similar term is oxygen
- one of the several molecules that serve as an electron and hydrogen carrier in bioenregetics
6 True/False questions
ATP-PC System → use of energy obtained from intramuscular ATP and phosphocreatine stores to perform cellular activities, normally utilized during short-duration, high-intentsity physical activity
anabolic reaction → a process in which complex substances are broken down into simpler substances, yielding energy
bioenergetics → chemical process involved in the production and breakdown of cellular ATP
anaerobic metabolism → The metabolism that takes place in the absence of oxygen; the principle product is lactic acid.
Enzyme → The removal of an amino group (-NH2) from an amino acid or other organic compound.
direct calorimetry → determination of the metabolic rate of an organism by direct measurement of the amount of heat produced.