7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- a protein molecule that lowers the energy of activation and in doing so facilitates a chemical reaction.
- a series of chemical reactions that take place in the mitochondria, involving cytochromes, that result in the production of ATP and water
- a process in which simple substances are synthesized into more complex substances.
- chemical process involved in the production and breakdown of cellular ATP
- one of the several molecules that serve as an electron and hydrogen carrier in bioenregetics
- a compound composed of a carbon chain and hydrogen atoms with and acid group (COOH) at one end and a methyl group (CH3) at the other
6 True/False questions
deamination → The removal of an amino group (-NH2) from an amino acid or other organic compound.
direct calorimetry → breaking down fatty acids to acetyl CoA units
active recovery → performance of light physical activity immediately after an exercise bout to aid recovery
catabolic reaction → a process in which complex substances are broken down into simpler substances, yielding energy
Basal metabolic Rate (BMR) → metabolic rate determined in a thermal neutral environment, 12 to 18 hours after a meal, immediately after rising in a resting, supine position.
essential amino acid → The removal of an amino group (-NH2) from an amino acid or other organic compound.