7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- one of the several molecules that serve as an electron and hydrogen carrier in bioenregetics
- a process in which complex substances are broken down into simpler substances, yielding energy
- chemical process involved in the production and breakdown of cellular ATP
- performance of light physical activity immediately after an exercise bout to aid recovery
- a protein molecule that lowers the energy of activation and in doing so facilitates a chemical reaction.
- a compound composed of a carbon chain and hydrogen atoms with and acid group (COOH) at one end and a methyl group (CH3) at the other
6 True/False questions
essential amino acid → an amino acid that the human body can't synthesize
electron transport chain (ETC) → a high energy phosphate molecule synthesized and used by cells for energy to perform cellular activities
anaerobic metabolism → second stage of metabolism, requiring the presence of oxygen, in which the breakdown of glucose (in a process called the Krebs or citric acid cycle) yields a high amount of energy.
Basal metabolic Rate (BMR) → a process in which complex substances are broken down into simpler substances, yielding energy
adenosine triphosphate (ATP) → a molecule that combines with an in-organic phosphate to form ATP
anabolic reaction → a process in which simple substances are synthesized into more complex substances.