5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- skin, nose, mouth, respiratory system, gi tract
- rejection syndrome
- a immune reaction to foreign tissues (organ transplants)
- b external defenses include:
- c there is a delicate balance between __ and disease.
- d includes open, fresh, accidental wounds, surgical wounds involving major break in sterile technique, or large amount of spillage from GI tract. (ex. appendicitis, toxins spill over into stomach)
- e failure of homeostasis; failure of the individual's body to respond appropriately to the challenge of disease.
5 Multiple choice questions
- develops as a result of an original illness
- individuals ability to produce immune bodies
- most common response to an antigen is the production of an __.
- body must be stimulated to produce its own immune response
- examples of this disease is AIDS, STDS, Staph, Strep, Flu, Hepatitis
5 True/False questions
puncture → preparation of killed microorganisms to produce or artificially increase immunity to a particular disease
structural → __ changes are present in organic disease
gastric secretions (HCL) → their races and/or families who are more resistant to diseases more than other people
3rd intention → protrusion of bowel through abdomen
primary disease → wound is healing