5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- acquired immunity
- a body must be stimulated to produce its own immune response
- b penetrating wound which extends into a bodily cavity
- c prevents microbes fro entering body, keeps body from losing water, receives stimuli from environment, helps prevent injury to fragile organs within the body
- d internal defense, when increase body temp inhibits bacteria growth; chemical barrier.
- e stoppage of bleeding or hemorrhage
5 Multiple choice questions
- removes and destroys bacteria from blood; detoxifies harmful chemicals, 1% or less is allowed back in blood(bacteria)
- example of this classification is asbestosis, hearing loss, exaggerating stress, carpal tunnels
- very ill with chance for recovery
- occurs when there is a delay in time between injury & the closure of the wound. (ex. wound left temporarily open to allow drainage or to remove infectious material. occurs after surgery, when wound is closed later
- 3 categories of seriousness of disease:
5 True/False questions
antitoxin → poison/ protein or conjugated protein produced by certain pathogens
puncture → life threatening
occupational → caused by environment or job.
traumatic injuries → new tisue formation in the repair of the wound
granulation → caused by environment or job.