5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 1st intention
- acquired immunity
- lymphatic system
- organic & functional
- a healing occurs in wound with minimal tissue loss. Edges are approximated(close together), you don't have as much scaring or infections (ex surgical insisions, sutured wounds)
- b body must be stimulated to produce its own immune response
- c disease may be classified as:
- d cells, phagocites that engulfs/ destroys bacteria & other foreign particles
- e failure of homeostasis; failure of the individual's body to respond appropriately to the challenge of disease.
5 Multiple choice questions
- physical injury or mental suffering; occurs out of the ordinary
- things you can see (ex bruising, edema)
- one who studies pathology
- caused by environment or job.
- wounds of respiratory, GI, or urinary tract; show no evidence of infection
5 True/False questions
scar tissue → wound is healing
2nd intention → particular kind of antibody produce in response to the presence of a toxin
allergens → chemical barrier, almost all are proteins, any substance that can bring about or generate production of an anitbody. (ex. virus, fungi, infectious or transplanted organism
artificial active → antigens are administered to the person to stimulate antibody production; from attenuated pathogens (in lab)/ can last lifetime with boosters.
pain → chemicals released by defensive cells; pressure on nerve endings