5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- a clears soon, able to function; not life threatening.
- b most common response to an antigen is the production of an __.
- c wound healing differs according to the amount of tissue damage; occurs by _____ intentions.
- d every individual reacts __ to any one cause of disease.
- e engulfing and usually the destruction of a particular matter by phagocytes
5 Multiple choice questions
- body must be stimulated to produce its own immune response
- example of this disorder is scurvy, osteoporosis, beri-beri
- a deviation from normal in the structure and function or both of some body part.
- occurs when there is a delay in time between injury & the closure of the wound. (ex. wound left temporarily open to allow drainage or to remove infectious material. occurs after surgery, when wound is closed later
- swelling signs may be limited to affected area
5 True/False questions
normal secretions → substance, protein, or nonprotein capable of inducing allergies
cellular, antigens, lymphatic system → new growth of abnormal tissue; tumors
antigen-antibody reaction/immune response → immune response is designed to attack only the infectious agent or harmful substances within the body
dirty → includes old accidental wounds; infected wounds, puss or peralent drainage are evident
congenital disorders → present at birth