5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a to go at or as if at an amble; saunter
- b 1. reflecting light evenly and efficiently wothout glitter or sparkle. 2. radiant in character or reputation; illustrious.
- c causing great pain or distress. violent or wild. Extraordinary, tremendous.
- d broken frangments resulting from the decay or destruction of a building. 2. waterworn or roght broken stones or bricks used in coarse masonry or in fillinf courses of walls. 3. rough stone as it comes from the quarry.
- e without haste, deliberately.
5 Multiple choice questions
- to throw forward: hurl; to release, catipult, or send off 2. to set afloat, to put in operation or set in motion.
- boldly or brashly self confident 2. jaunty
- having many complexly interrelating parts or elements: complicated
- the land near a shore, seashore. obsolete, border, frontier.
- to become turgid, swell. to walk with a proud gait. .
5 True/False questions
erect → to produce on a hard material by eating into the material's surface (as in by acid or a laser beam.) 2. subject to such etching. 2. to delineate or impress clearly (scenes etched in our mind.)
tawny → the color of tawny. a warm sandy color.
kindling → causing great pain or distress. violent or wild. Extraordinary, tremendous.
demolish → easily combustable material for starting a fire.
buff → a part of an ocean 2. deep chasm abyss 3. whirlpool 4. a wide gap.