5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a easily combustable material for starting a fire.
- b without haste, deliberately.
- c a passageway into whick compartments or rooms open. a place or position in which especially political power in welded through discussion or deal-making.
- d broken frangments resulting from the decay or destruction of a building. 2. waterworn or roght broken stones or bricks used in coarse masonry or in fillinf courses of walls. 3. rough stone as it comes from the quarry.
- e a metal tool with a sharpened edge at one end used to chip, carve ot cut into a solid material.
5 Multiple choice questions
- to injure with deep disfiguring wounds by cutting, tearing or crushing. 2. to spoil injure or make cohearent especially through ineptitude.
- the land near a shore, seashore. obsolete, border, frontier.
- boldly or brashly self confident 2. jaunty
- a part of an ocean 2. deep chasm abyss 3. whirlpool 4. a wide gap.
- a garment made of buff leather. The state of being nude. A moderate orange yellow.
5 True/False questions
lusterous → 1. reflecting light evenly and efficiently wothout glitter or sparkle. 2. radiant in character or reputation; illustrious.
tawny → a connecting structure, a single ring or division of a chain. 2. One of the standardized divisions of a surveyor's chain. 3. Something analogous to a link of a chain, a communication system.
strut → the land near a shore, seashore. obsolete, border, frontier.
launch → to throw forward: hurl; to release, catipult, or send off 2. to set afloat, to put in operation or set in motion.
raging → causing great pain or distress. violent or wild. Extraordinary, tremendous.