5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Qualitative observations
- ionization energy
- Hund's Rule
- Ernest Rutherford
- a ______________ - a simple description of some property of the substance
- b Who was credited with the gold foil experiment?
- c ___________- energy needed to remove an electron from the outer shell of an atom in the gaseous state
- d ___________- electrons fill degenerate orbitals one at a time (with the same spin), before pairing up electrons in the degenerate orbitals
- e Chemists study matter from _ perspectives
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who explained the bright line of hydrogen using a planetary model?
- ______________- A property that can be observed without changing the molecular composition of matter
- Dosage = ________ / ___________
- an electron has what charge?
- what are 4 examples of physical properties
5 True/False questions
Pure substances and mixtures → mass number is the number of _________ +__________
Inorganic Chemistry → ______________- Study of the molecules and processes that take place in living organisms
Quantitative observations → ______________- always involves a measurement of the property in questoin
Elements and compounds → Pure substances can be divided into what two categories
Extensive → these are properties that are dependent on how much matter is present