5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ionization energy
- Analytical Chemistry
- Elements and compounds
- down across right left
- a ______________- Study of how to determine the exact composition of mixtures and compounds. What is present and what is the exact percent composition.
- b Pure substances can be divided into what two categories
- c ___________- energy needed to remove an electron from the outer shell of an atom in the gaseous state
- d these are properties that are independent of how much matter is present
- e The atomic radius trend says that atoms tend to get larger and have increased radius when you go ___________ the periodic chart as you go ___________ a period, ___________to ___________
5 Multiple choice questions
- the subshell f has _ orbital(s) with a maximum of _ electrons per sublevel
- ______________- Attempts to develop the theory for why matter behaves the way it does. The application of these theories can be applied to all areas of chemistry
- ___________ is an element that typically has less than 4 electrons in its outer shell
- Who was credited with the oil drop experiment?
- 1 cal = _____ J
5 True/False questions
118 → the subshell s has _ orbital(s) with a maximum of _ electrons per sublevel
Physical Properties → ______________- A property that can be observed without changing the molecular composition of matter
Calorie → A ______________ is the heat energy needed to raise the temperature of 1g of water to 1degree C
average atomic mass → the atomic mass on the periodic table is really the__________ __________ __________
a positively charged ion → what is a cation?