5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ionization energy
- Ernest Rutherford
- a these are properties that are independent of how much matter is present
- b The first atomic model was based on 3 major ______________ observations
- c a proton has what charge?
- d Who was credited with the gold foil experiment?
- e ___________- energy needed to remove an electron from the outer shell of an atom in the gaseous state
5 Multiple choice questions
- in an atom, the number of __________ equals the number of __________ so that the atom is electrically __________ overall
- give 4 examples of chemical properties
- ______________ is how close to the actual value the measurement is
- mass number is the number of _________ +__________
- __________ - atoms of the same element that differ in mass due to a different number of neutrons
5 True/False questions
Hund's Rule → ___________- electrons fill degenerate orbitals one at a time (with the same spin), before pairing up electrons in the degenerate orbitals
Thermal energy → ______________- the total kinetic energy of all particles in a material
a positively charged ion → what is a cation?
average atomic mass → the atomic mass on the periodic table is really the__________ __________ __________
Neutrons → a neutron has what charge?