5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hund's Rule
- average atomic mass
- color, size, phase, mass
- a what are 4 examples of physical properties
- b ___________- electrons fill degenerate orbitals one at a time (with the same spin), before pairing up electrons in the degenerate orbitals
- c ___________ is an element that typically has less than 4 electrons in its outer shell
- d a neutron has what charge?
- e the atomic mass on the periodic table is really the__________ __________ __________
5 Multiple choice questions
- ______________ is how close to the actual value the measurement is
- Who explained the bright line of hydrogen using a planetary model?
- ___________- an element that typically has 4 or more electrons in its outer shell
- ___________- energy needed to remove an electron from the outer shell of an atom in the gaseous state
- who was credited with the cathode ray tube experiment
5 True/False questions
Ernest Rutherford → atoms are most stable when they have 8 electrons
Homogenous and heterogeneous → mixtures can be divided into what two type of categories
Physical Chemistry → ______________- Attempts to develop the theory for why matter behaves the way it does. The application of these theories can be applied to all areas of chemistry
Proust → Who was the scientist that came up with law of definite proportions by mass
Dalton's → Who was the scientist that came up with law of multiple proportions?