5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a positively charged ion
- Octet Rule
- Hund's Rule
- a atoms are most stable when they have 8 electrons
- b A ______________ is the heat energy needed to raise the temperature of 1g of water to 1degree C
- c ___________- electrons fill degenerate orbitals one at a time (with the same spin), before pairing up electrons in the degenerate orbitals
- d what is a cation?
- e ___________- elements that exhibit characteristics of both metals and non-metals
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who was the scientist that came up with law of multiple proportions?
- mixtures can be divided into what two type of categories
- if something is edible then it is a ______________ property
- The atomic radius trend says that atoms tend to get larger and have increased radius when you go ___________ the periodic chart as you go ___________ a period, ___________to ___________
- Matter can be divided up into what two categories?
5 True/False questions
intensive → these are properties that are independent of how much matter is present
Macroscopic, microscopic, symbolic → what are 4 examples of physical properties
ionic and covalent bonds → Pure substances can be divided into what two categories
accuracy → if something is edible then it is a ______________ property
7 14 → the subshell d has _ orbital(s) with a maximum of _ electrons per sublevel