5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- chemical, nuclear stability
- a Isotopes of an element have the same __________ properties but different __________
- b ___________- an element that typically has 4 or more electrons in its outer shell
- c a proton has what charge?
- d ______________ atomic theory is microscopic model to explain macroscopic observations
- e ___________- elements that exhibit characteristics of both metals and non-metals
5 Multiple choice questions
- ______________- Study of how to determine the exact composition of mixtures and compounds. What is present and what is the exact percent composition.
- ______________________- electrons in the same orbital must have opposite spin
- ___________- electrons fill degenerate orbitals one at a time (with the same spin), before pairing up electrons in the degenerate orbitals
- give 4 examples of chemical properties
- Who explained the bright line of hydrogen using a planetary model?
5 True/False questions
Octet Rule → atoms are most stable when they have 8 electrons
Chemistry → ________ is the study of matter and changes that occur in matter
a positively charged ion → what is an anion?
Neutrons → A particular element is determined by the number of __________ in the nucleus
JJ Thompson → who was credited with the cathode ray tube experiment