5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Quantitative observations
- Pure substances and mixtures
- Ernest Rutherford
- color, size, phase, mass
- a Who was credited with the gold foil experiment?
- b what are 4 examples of physical properties
- c Matter can be divided up into what two categories?
- d Who was the scientist that came up with law of multiple proportions?
- e ______________- always involves a measurement of the property in questoin
5 Multiple choice questions
- Data from multiple measurements is scattered in a more or less uniform way around some average value. Thus equaling out. this is called ______________
- Who explained the bright line of hydrogen using a planetary model?
- ______________________- electrons in the same orbital must have opposite spin
- Who was the scientist that came up with law of definite proportions by mass
- ___________ is an element that typically has less than 4 electrons in its outer shell
5 True/False questions
4.184 → 1 cal = _____ J
Inorganic Chemistry → _________________- Study of compounds that have the element carbon as the basic structure
Macroscopic, microscopic, symbolic → The 3 perspectives that chemist study matter from are?
negative → an electron has what charge?
ionic and covalent bonds → Pure substances can be divided into what two categories