5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Calories per gram of fat
- which of the following is an adaptation that the body makes to chronic heat stress:
- crossover concept
- __________ is necessary for the blood to carry adequate oxygen.
- a Iron
- b as exercise increases= stop using fat but shift to carbs; better trained= shifts to right
- c early onset of sweating
- d slower than normal resting heart rate (<60 bpm)
- e 9
5 Multiple choice questions
- the decreased number of capillaries supplying each muscle fiber.
- Osteoporosis, Eating Disorder, Menstrual Irregularities
- 3 ATP
- Platueaing or decreasing in V02 with increasing workload
- does not undergo measurable changes
5 True/False questions
RER does not: → indicate the number of calories consumed at rest
The skinfold test estimates body fat by: → measurement of subcutaneous body fat.
Distance-running performances are generally not as good when conducted at a high altitude because, This is due to: → Lower P02
What percentage of americans are overweight? → 4
with moderate to heavy exercise, changes in sodium excretion and urine output occur. What is the purpose? → is decreased with the greatest decrease occurring in diastole