5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- during exercise, the time spent in diastole and systole
- The primary purpose of the pulmonary system is:
- The _______ are the smallest blood vessels where gas and nutrient exchange occurs.
- Specialized nuerons that are found only in the CNS and connect one neuron to another neuron are called _______
- In theory, EPOC period can NOT :
- a is decreased with the greatest decrease occurring in diastole
- b To Provide and interface for gas exchange
- c capillaries
- d interneuron
- e is characterized by excess oxygen consumption over that seen during activity.
5 Multiple choice questions
- myelination and diameter of the neurons
- altering the hemoglobin content of the blood
- as exercise increases= stop using fat but shift to carbs; better trained= shifts to right
- the decreased number of capillaries supplying each muscle fiber.
5 True/False questions
which of the following measurements would indicate attainment of VO2 ma during a GXT? → Platueaing or decreasing in V02 with increasing workload
The best strategy for dressing to exercise in the cold: → wear layers of clothing
The total ATP production via aerobic breakdown of glucose is: → 3 ATP
Acetylcholine → Neurotransmitter chemical released at the neuromuscular junction
one MET is approximately: → 3.5 mlkg-1min-1 (resting metabolism)