5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- traffic shaping
- event viewer
- a ____ involves manipulating certain characteristics of packets, data streams, or connections to manage the type and amount of traffic traversing a network or interface at any moment.
- b Changes to ___ applications affect all users at once.
- c The most critical type of software upgrade you will perform is an upgrade to your ____.
- d The process of reverting to a previous version of software after attempting to upgrade it is known as ____.
- e On Windows-based computers an event log can be easily viewed with the GUI ___ application.
5 Multiple choice questions
- ____ refers to the assessment, monitoring, and maintenance of all aspects of a network.
- An example of commercial network management software.
- A network management agent is a ____ that collects information about a device's operation and provides it to the network management application.
- A ____ is a correction, improvement, or enhancement to a particular piece of a software application.
- T/F: A patch is a replacement for an entire software package.
5 True/False questions
backbone → A(n) ___ is a report of the network's current state of operation.
SNMP → The most critical type of software upgrade you will perform is an upgrade to your ____.
baseline → The most comprehensive and complex upgrade involving network hardware is a(n) ____ upgrade.
False → T/F: For a cabling upgrade, the best way to ensure that future upgrades go smoothly is to carefully document the existing cable after making any upgrades.
performance → ____ management refers to monitoring how well links and devices are keeping up with the demands placed on them.