5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cache engine
- software routine
- system log
- a ____ management refers to the detection and signaling of device, link, or component faults.
- b Stores results from devices monitoring conditions in UNIX or Linux-based networks.
- c A ____ is a network device devoted to storage and delivery of frequently requested files.
- d A network management agent is a ____ that collects information about a device's operation and provides it to the network management application.
- e Specifies what work a contractor should do.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The process where one network management console collects data from multiple networked devices at regular intervals is known as ____.
- Part of the TCP/IP suite of protocols and typically runs over UDP on port 161.
- An example of commercial network management software.
- The most comprehensive and complex upgrade involving network hardware is a(n) ____ upgrade.
- The process of reverting to a previous version of software after attempting to upgrade it is known as ____.
5 True/False questions
performance → ____ management refers to monitoring how well links and devices are keeping up with the demands placed on them.
event viewer → Stores results from devices monitoring conditions in Windows-based networks.
safety → Changes to ___ applications affect all users at once.
network management → ____ refers to the assessment, monitoring, and maintenance of all aspects of a network.
asset → T/F: The first step in configuration management is to take an inventory of each node on the network.