5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- event log
- traffic shaping
- system log
- a The most comprehensive and complex upgrade involving network hardware is a(n) ____ upgrade.
- b Stores results from devices monitoring conditions in Windows-based networks.
- c Because backbone upgrades are expensive and time consuming, the first step in approaching such a project is to ____ it.
- d Stores results from devices monitoring conditions in UNIX or Linux-based networks.
- e ____ involves manipulating certain characteristics of packets, data streams, or connections to manage the type and amount of traffic traversing a network or interface at any moment.
5 Multiple choice questions
- ____ upgrades represent modifications to all or part of an application that are designed to enhance functionality or fix problems related to software.
- ____is the local storage of frequently needed files that would otherwise be obtained from an external source.
- On Windows-based computers an event log can be easily viewed with the GUI ___ application.
- A ____ is a network device devoted to storage and delivery of frequently requested files.
- Part of the TCP/IP suite of protocols and typically runs over UDP on port 161.
5 True/False questions
fault → ____ management refers to the detection and signaling of device, link, or component faults.
False → ____ management refers to the detection and signaling of device, link, or component faults.
software upgrade → A network management agent is a ____ that collects information about a device's operation and provides it to the network management application.
configuration → ____ management is the collection, storage, and assessment of information related to the versions of software installed on every network device and every device's hardware configuration.
patch → A ____ is a correction, improvement, or enhancement to a particular piece of a software application.