Unit 5: Campbell Biology; Tenth Edition; Chapter 11; Cell Communication *MartinezCynthia*
• External signals are converted to responses within the cell.
• Reception: A signaling molecule binds to a receptor protein, causing it to change shape.
• Transduction: Cascades of molecular interactions relay signals from receptors to target molecules in the cell.
• Response: Cells signaling leads to regulation of transportation or cytoplasmic activities.
• Apoptosis integrates multiple cell-signaling pathways.