Create an account
1) acted upon, influenced/changed; 2) emotionally stirred; 3) infected (disease); 4) assumed air to impress others; 5) artificed/pretended
N. 1) mixture as of metals; 2) something added that lowers in value or purity; V. 3) mix; 4) make less pure; lower in value/quality; 5) spoil
1) obedient, compliant, readily managed; 2) responsive, willing to be led; 3) responsible, answerable, accountable (legally); 4) able to be tested by; 5) open (_____ to suggestions)
1) combination of different things; 2) mixture of metals including mercury used for filling holes in teeth
1) change for the better, improve; 2) to remove faults or errors in; 3) to alter legislation by adding/deleting; 4) to enrich (soil) especially by adding organic H2O and sand; 5) better one's conduct, reform
1) positive assertion, act of affirming; 2) something declared true; 3) a solemn declaration given in place of a sworn oath by a person who conscientiously objects to the oath
V. attach, add to a large thing, take possession of, incorporate into a larger existing political unit; N. building addition
prophetic, pertaining to revelations (especially of disaster), terrible, ultimately decisive/climactic
increase in size or effect, expand, broaden or clarify by expanding, intensify, make stronger
opening, hole, adjustable opening in a camera or microscope that limits the amount of light
1) preceding events that influence what comes later; 2) ancestors; 3) word in a phrase replaced by a substitute (pronoun); 4) the first term in a ratio
1) a heavy iron block on which metal is shaped; 2) the middle ear bone; 3) the top of a cumulonimbus cloud
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together