Create an account
resemblance to remote ancestors rather than to parents. reversion to an earlier type, throwback
1) forbiddingly stern; 2) ascetic; 3) without comfort or enjoyment; 4) simple and unornamented
1) reliable, authorized; 2) peremptory, dictatorial; 3) classical, definitive; 4) important, having ascendancy or influence
1) chatter idly or foolishly; 2) make continuous sounds like water running gently over rounded stone
1) persecute or exasperate with unjust. malicious, or persistent attacks; 2) tease; 3) to attack by biting or tearing; 4) entice, lure; 5) to give food and drink (to an animal)
1) evil, malignant in intent or effect, having a malign influence; 2) deadly; 3) portending evil, ominous, threatening
1) stop short as if faced with an obstacle and refuse to continue; 2) foil, stop or get in the way of, frustrate
1) a dam (used to increase depth of water or divert it for navigation or irrigation); 2) artillery fire (laid down on a line as a barrier to screen and protect friendly troops); 3) a vigorous or rapid outpouring of many things at once (a _____ of protests)
1) a dam (used to increase depth of water or divert it for navigation or irrigation); 2) artillery fire (laid down as a business to screen and protect friendly troops); 3) a vigorous or rapid outpouring of many things at once (a _____ of protests)
1) harp on, dwell of tediously, explain or go over excessively or to a ridiculous degree; 2) assail verbally; 3) beat severely, attack physically
1) harp on, dwell on tediously, explain or go over excessively or to a ridiculous degree; 2) assail verbally; 3) beat severely, attack physically
1) confused, puzzled, bewildered; 2) lost in thought, absorbed; 3) preoccupied, distracted; 4) to cause to have feelings of wry or tolerant amusement
one that benefits from something, especially a person entitled to benefits or proceeds of an insurance policy or will
1) anything that brings help, advantage, or profit; 2) service or right provided in addition to salary by an employer, payment or service provided under annuity, pension plan or insurance policy; 3) social event to raise funds for person or cause
1) determined; 2) changed out of an originally straight or even condition; 3) different than normal or usual; 4) dishonest, corrupt; 5) bias; 6) talent; 7) capacity or endurance; 8) a transverse framework (as in a bridge) to carry lateral as well as transverse loads; 9) unenclosed grassland; 10) a stalk of stiff coarse grass
V. 1) the act of leaving something to someone in one's will; N 2) possession granted to someone by a will; 3) legacy
1) one who approached with a request or plea; 2) lawyer of the lower court; 3) chief law official of a municipality, county, or department
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together