Upgrade to remove ads
Vocaburary Unit 16
Terms in this set (11)
an extremely dangerous or difficult situation:
- an economic crisis
a type of machine through which liquid or gas flows and turns a special wheel with blades in order to produce power:
- a steam turbine
(of a change) severe and sudden; extreme:
- In the desert there's a drastic change in temperature from day to night.
Renewable substances can be used and easily replaced:
- renewable energy resources
(of gasoline (= a fuel)) not containing lead (= a metal):
- Most cars today use unleaded gas.
to keep and protect from waste, loss, or damage; preserve:
- In order to conserve fuel, they put in extra insulation.
to use fuel, energy, or time, esp. in large amounts:
- Weekend shopping chores consumed much of her time.
to react to something with an opposing opinion or action; to defend yourself against something:
- To counter the inaccuracies in the movie, researchers used computer models to project climate changes.
to reduce something in size or amount, esp. supplies, energy, or money:
- Acid rain depletes the region's fish stocks.
to use or spend something, esp. time, effort, or money:
- They expend all their energy fixing up their house.
to keep or continue to have something:
- Francis retained control of the company.
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Vocaburary Unit 15
Vocaburary Unit 17
Vocaburary Unit 01
Vocaburary Unit 18
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
The Energy Crisis U16
Oxford Word Skills - Advanced - Unit 28
EST 754 Unit 7 Vocab
Unit 16 - The energy crisis
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Các môn học
Vocaburary Unit 20
Vocaburary Unit 19
Vocaburary Unit 14