5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- extremely high pressure and temperature
- hypothesis about sunspots
- 99.8% of the mass of the solar system is...
- a the glowing of gas molecules in the Earth's atmosphere caused by solar winds
- b in the sun
- c the variation in sunspots may cause changes in the Earth's temperature
- d areas of gas on the sun which are cooler than areas that surround them
- e fusion only occurs in these two conditions
5 Multiple choice questions
- these usually prevent solar winds from entering our world
- These are the byproducts of the sun's nuclear fusion.
- the element the sun uses to generate energy
- disruptions of radio, television and telephone signals and electrical power problems
- the product of the sun's fusion
5 True/False questions
nuclear fusion → when several prominences connect, these are produced
corona → the outer layer of the sun's atmosphere
solar flares → when several prominences connect, these are produced
slightly less → How does the mass of the helium produced by the sun compare with the mass of the hydrogen that goes into the process?
solar flares increase → the number of charged particles in solar winds