5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 99.8% of the mass of the solar system is...
- the Earth's atmosphere and magnetic field
- nuclear fusion
- a in the sun
- b these usually prevent solar winds from entering our world
- c the process by which the sun generates energy
- d the inner layer of the sun's atmosphere which produces the light
- e the glowing of gas molecules in the Earth's atmosphere caused by solar winds
5 Multiple choice questions
- How does the mass of the helium produced by the sun compare with the mass of the hydrogen that goes into the process?
- where solar winds can enter the Earth's atmosphere
- disruptions of radio, television and telephone signals and electrical power problems
- the product of the sun's fusion
- because its mass is so great
5 True/False questions
prominences → the outer layer of the sun's atmosphere
chromosphere → the inner layer of the sun's atmosphere which produces the light
10 to 11 years → time span over which the number of sunspots varies
(H) hydrogen → the element the sun uses to generate energy
heat and light → These are the byproducts of the sun's nuclear fusion.