Create an account
1) worthless products of an endeavor; 2) husk; 3) material ejected to deflect radar waves; 4) barter
1) lizard that changes color to camouflage; 2) person given to facile or expedient change in ideas or appearance
V. 1) challenge, defy, advocate, uphold; N. 2) winner, one who shows marked superiority; 3) one that does battle for another's rights or honor; 4) warrior, fighter; 5) aggressive advocate or defender
magnetic charm or appeal, a personal magic of leadership arousing popular support and enthusiasm
N. 1) pursuit; 2) something pursued; V. 3) pursue, hunt; 4) cause to flee, drive; 5) rush, hasten
1) criterion, inspection, investigation; 2) stop motion, curb, or restrain; 3) written order instructing a bank to make a payment; 4) a slip indicating the amount due; 5) a square in a pattern resembling a checkerboard; 6) a ticket or token showing ownership or confirming payment; 7) a counter in various games; 8) a mark typically placed beside an item to show it has been noted or addressed; 9) a crack or break
1) to put a chess king in check; 2) slow or bring to a stop, brake; 3) restrain or diminish the action or force of, control; 4) to compare with a source, original, or authority, verify; 5) consign to a common carrier, leave for safekeeping; 6) to mark into squares; 7) cause to crack; 8) to halt through caution, uncertainty, or fear, stop; 9) investigate conditions; 10) prove to be consistent or truthful
1) having to do with citizens (as opposed to military or religious affairs); 2) courteous and polite
N. 1) loud continuous noise; continuous demand or complain made by a large group of people; V. 2) express (a demand) continually and loudly
1) strike the hands together with a loud sound; 2) loud explosive sound; 3) put or send promptly
1) loud and clear, brilliantly clear; 2) shrill trumpet-like sound or the medieval trumpet that makes such a sound
1) commonplace or boring person; 2) hackneyed statement or notion; 3) chemical compound used to calm excitement
N. 1) monastery or convert; 2) a secluded place; 3) a covered passage on the side of a court usually having one side walled and the other an open arcade or colonade; V. 4) seclude from the world in or as if in a _____________
1) treat gently, indulge excessively, pamper, baby; 2) cook in water just below the boiling point
1) system of words or symbols used instead of ordinary writing; 2) collection of laws, rules; 3) established social customs
living at the same time as, contemporary, existing during the same period of time, of the same age
N. 1) tooth projecting from a wheel or a tenon; 2) a subordinate but integral person or part; V. 3) to direct the fall of dice fraudulently; 4) to connect by mortises or tenons
a projecting member of a piece of wood or other material for insertion into a mortise to make a joint; 2) to unite by a ______; 3) to cut or fit for insertion into a mortise
1) a hole, groove, or slot into or through which some other part of an arrangement of parts fits, especially a cavity as cut into a piece of material (as timber) to receive a tenon; 2) to join and fasten securely; 3) to cut or make a mortise in
1) having a common origin, related linguistically; 2) related by blood; 3) similar or akin in nature
1) group of people who share some common quality; 2) an armed band, a roman military unit between 300 and 600 soldiers
V. 1) make coins; 2.) invent or fabricate ( a word or phrase); N. 3) small metal pieces used as currency; 4) word or phrase recently invented
1) the chance occurrence of two seemingly unconnected events at the same time; 2) the rate at which two phenomenon correspond/occur together
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together