5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- John Jay, Alexander Hamilton, James Madison
- James Madison
- Articles of Confederation
- Land Ordinance of 1785
- Strengths of Articles of Confederation
- a Surveyors staked out six mile square plots called Townships.
- b 1st plan for a national government developed at the 1776 Continental Congress
- c Father of the Constitution
- d 1. Governed nation during the American Revolutionary War (raised army, paid soldiers) 2. Negotiated the Treaty of Paris at end of war (established independence from Britain and set boundaries for US) 3. Passed the Land Ordinance of 1785 - (townships and free public education) 4. Passed the Northwest Ordinance how new territory settled and settlers' rights (Outlawed slavery, guaranteed freedom of religion, trial by jury)
- e The three men who wrote The Federalist Papers.
5 Multiple choice questions
- People who were against the Constitution
- Described how the new territory would be governed, and set conditions for settlement.
- He said he "smelled a rat in Philadelphia, tending toward monarchy".
- System of government in which power is shared between the central government and the states.
- The people choose representative for them.
5 True/False questions
William Patterson → Presented the New Jersey Plan
Edmund Randolph → Presented the Virginia Plan
Patrick Henry and George Mason → Two men who refused to sign the Constitution until a Bill of Rights was added
Bill of Rights → People who supported the Constitution
Federalists → System of government in which power is shared between the central government and the states.