5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Strengths of Articles of Confederation
- Articles of Confederation
- Executive Compromise
- Land Ordinance of 1785
- Constitutional Convention
- a 1st plan for a national government developed at the 1776 Continental Congress
- b Compromise that settled the election of a the president
- c The meeting in Philadelphia that was described as, "An assembly of demigods" by Thomas Jefferson.
- d Surveyors staked out six mile square plots called Townships.
- e 1. Governed nation during the American Revolutionary War (raised army, paid soldiers) 2. Negotiated the Treaty of Paris at end of war (established independence from Britain and set boundaries for US) 3. Passed the Land Ordinance of 1785 - (townships and free public education) 4. Passed the Northwest Ordinance how new territory settled and settlers' rights (Outlawed slavery, guaranteed freedom of religion, trial by jury)
5 Multiple choice questions
- The people choose representative for them.
- Compromise that settled the issue of how to count slaves in the southern states. Three-fifths of the slave population would be counted when setting direct taxes on states and the three-fifths ratio would be used to determine representation in the legislature.
- Plan that proposed two houses both based on population.
- He said he "smelled a rat in Philadelphia, tending toward monarchy".
- Father of the Constitution
5 True/False questions
Wilderness Road → Plan for one house and representation would be equal for all states.
New Jersey Plan → Plan that proposed two houses both based on population.
Edmund Randolph → Father of the Constitution
Patrick Henry and George Mason → He said he "smelled a rat in Philadelphia, tending toward monarchy".
Northwest Ordinance → Included land from the states of Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and part of Minnesota