5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Patrick Henry and George Mason
- Land Ordinance of 1785
- James Madison quote
- John Jay, Alexander Hamilton, James Madison
- a Surveyors staked out six mile square plots called Townships.
- b The three men who wrote The Federalist Papers.
- c Said, "If men were angels, no government would be necessary."
- d Two men who refused to sign the Constitution until a Bill of Rights was added
- e The people choose representative for them.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Compromise that settled the issue of how to count slaves in the southern states. Three-fifths of the slave population would be counted when setting direct taxes on states and the three-fifths ratio would be used to determine representation in the legislature.
- People who supported the Constitution
- Father of the Constitution
- Compromise that settled the issue of representation in Congress - the Senate would give each state equal representation, and the House of Representatives would have representation based on on state's population
- Plan for one house and representation would be equal for all states.
5 True/False questions
William Patterson → Father of the Constitution
Federalism → People who supported the Constitution
Northwest Territory → Included land from the states of Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and part of Minnesota
Articles of Confederation → 1. Governed nation during the American Revolutionary War (raised army, paid soldiers) 2. Negotiated the Treaty of Paris at end of war (established independence from Britain and set boundaries for US) 3. Passed the Land Ordinance of 1785 - (townships and free public education) 4. Passed the Northwest Ordinance how new territory settled and settlers' rights (Outlawed slavery, guaranteed freedom of religion, trial by jury)
Anti-Federalists → People who were against the Constitution