5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Peloponnesian War
- Debt slavery
- a a lawmaking body
- b a war in which Athens and its allies were defeated by the league centered on Sparta 431-404 BC
- c People who replaced the Minoans as the chief power of the Aegean world
- d a battle in 490 BC in which the Athenians and their allies defeated the Persians
- e a person would serve as someone's slave in order to pay off a debt
5 Multiple choice questions
- German businessman, found the sites of Mycenae and Troy
- was formed to protect against threats from persia (after the persian war)
- a political system in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who can elect people to represent them
- a government ruled by the most wealthy and powerful members of a society
- (Father of Alexander the Great). An ambitious king of Macedonia who was gradually bringing Greece under his control.
5 True/False questions
Athens → ancient Greek epic poet who is believed to have written the Iliad and the Odyssey (circa 850 BC)
Herodotus → a fortified hilltop in an ancient Greek city.
Minoans → People who replaced the Minoans as the chief power of the Aegean world
Acropolis → a fortified hilltop in an ancient Greek city.
Alexander the Great → was formed to protect against threats from persia (after the persian war)