5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Elevation of a bleeding extremity:
- Renal failure, a key complication of crush syndrome, can be prevented by:
- Which of the following statements regarding crush injury is MOST correct?
- Which of the following conditions or factors would MOST likely delay or impair healing of a wound.
- A patients taking _______ would MOST likely experience a delay in the healing of a wound.
- a Crush syndrome can occur if the body parts is entrapped for more than 4 hours.
- b Diabetes
- c Corticosteroids
- d helps control the bleeding when used in conduction with direct pressure.
- e aggressively infusing normal saline.
5 Multiple choice questions
- suction the blood from his mouth and assist ventilations with a bag-mask.
- covering it LIGHTLY with a sterile dressing.
- it is caused by a HUMAN or ANIMAL bite
- apply an ice-pack to the hematoma and monitor his level of consciousness.
- irrigate with sterile water and apply a sterile dressing.
5 True/False questions
Which of the following medications would MOST likely interfere with hemostasis? → a bed-ridden patient
Necrosis of tissue caused by an anaerobic, toxin-producing bacterium is called: → gangrene
When muscles are crushed beyond repair, tissue necrosis develops and causes the release of harmful products. This process is called: → frequently assess breathing sounds for indications of a pneumothorax.
In contrast to a contusion, a hematoma is: → caused by large vessel damage.
Which of the following substance is produced in the dermis and keeps the skin SUPPLE so that it doesn't crack. → SEBUM