5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- When muscles are crushed beyond repair, tissue necrosis develops and causes the release of harmful products. This process is called:
- The First aspect to address in any patient with soft-tissue injury is:
- A wound is at HIGHEST risk of infection if:
- When a patient's leg is entrapped under a crushing object for a prolonged period of time, toxic metabolic waste products are released into the systemic circulation:
- You are the first unit at the scene of a small building collapse. As you exit the ambulance, you can see a man pinned under a large metal beam. You should:
- a it is caused by a HUMAN or ANIMAL bite
- b your safety, BSI, SS
- c after the patient's leg is freed from entrapment.
- d immediately request a special rescue team.
- e Rhabdomyolysis
5 Multiple choice questions
- can result in excessive blood loss due to hemorrhage if the paramedic does not intervene rapidly.
- elastic bandages
5 True/False questions
Which of the following patients is at HIGHEST risk for a pressure injury? → a bed-ridden patient
Which of the following conditions or factors would MOST likely delay or impair healing of a wound. → a bed-ridden patient
Elevation of a bleeding extremity: → can result in excessive blood loss due to hemorrhage if the paramedic does not intervene rapidly.
You should splint an open soft-tissue injury to an extremity because: → it is caused by a HUMAN or ANIMAL bite
Renal failure, a key complication of crush syndrome, can be prevented by: → aggressively infusing normal saline.