5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- All of the following are functions of the skin, EXCEPT:
- Which of the following statements regarding compartments syndrome is MOST correct?
- You should splint an open soft-tissue injury to an extremity because:
- A 30 year-old man presents with jaw and neck stiffness and a fever. During your assessment, he tells you that he cut his hand on a piece of metal about a week ago. You should be MOST suspicious that this patient has:
- In general, most open wounds should be sutured or otherwise closed no longer than ____ hours following the injury.
- a 6 to 8 hours.
- b motion of the extremity may disrupt the blood clotting process.
- c Compartment syndrome is more likely to occur with closed injuries.
- d providing the immune response for the body
- e tetanus
5 Multiple choice questions
- caused by large vessel damage.
- fever and chills
- aggressively infusing normal saline.
- suction the blood from his mouth and assist ventilations with a bag-mask.
5 True/False questions
The outermost layer of the epidermis: → consist of nonliving cells that are continuously being shed.
In which of the following patients should the impaled object be removed? → Cardiac arrest patient with an ice pick impaled in the center of the back.
Which of the following statements regarding crush injury is MOST correct? → Crush syndrome can occur if the body parts is entrapped for more than 4 hours.
While hiking, a 24 year-old woman was pinned from the waist down under a rock that collapsed on her. Upon your arrival, the patient is conscious and alert, and states that she can't feel her legs. She further tells you that she thinks she's been pinned for about 5 hours. She is breathing adequately and she has stable vital signs. In addition, to administering supplemental oxygen, you should: → start two large-bore IV lines of normal saline, apply a cardiac monitor, and contact medical control before removing the rock from her legs.
When caring for an amputate body part: → early notification of the hospital is important