What are the 6 reasons water is so important?
1. Can't use ATP without water b/c water helps break ATP apart
2. Many molecules and membranes can't function without hydration, and if the membranes aren't hydrates they cannot function and may even leak
3. Because every chemical can dissolve and react with each other, so without water the chemicals would just stick to the side if they couldn't dissolve
4. water is the most excellent temperature buffer, its temp does not change easily and a constant temperature is easier for an organism to stay alive
5. Water has a very low freezing point and very high boiling point, can't have a chemical reaction in a solid (frozen water)
6. Water exists as a liquid across a huge range of temperatures. Water is liquid almost everywhere in the earth