• Be developed through a disciplined process and supported by the best available information.
• Be commonly understood by organizational personnel.
• Serve as a platform for all major decisions.
• Enhance stakeholder value.
• Align with other strategies, both top-down and across
• Be clearly reflected in objectives, structures, and
operations at all levels.
• Enable alignment of measurement and rewards.
• Eliminate redundancies.
• Be documented.
• Manage/maintain risks within risk tolerance limits.
• Allow risk expectations to be well understood by
stakeholders such as regulators, interest groups, citizens,
rating agencies, and capital markets.