5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of the following events in muscle contraction is the FIRST to occur chronologically ?
- tropomin C
- The formation of cross bridges in the contractile process in skeletal muscle is initiated by:
- a • Type I fibers
• Slow-Oxidative fibers
• Always Start first
- b Basic skeletal muscle unit. Capable of force production and shortening. Arrangement of protein filaments and gives straight appearance.
- c can bind calcium
- d the innervating alpha-motor neuron has an action potential
- e Calcium binding to tropomyosin
5 Multiple choice questions
- This nervous system provides involuntary control over smooth muscle, cardiac muscle, and glands.
- Transport O2 to tissues and removal of waste (CO2)
Transport nutrients to tissues
Regulation of body temperature
- actin filaments slide over myosin.
Z-lines approach end of myosin filaments
- surround entire muscle
5 True/False questions
Cardiac Output → • 10% muscle mass lost is between 25-50 years of age
• additional 40% lost between 50-80 years of age
• Also a loss of fibers and gain in slow fibers
• Also due to reduced physical activity
The layer of connective tissue that surrounds the outside of the skeletal muscle is called the: → Actin and Myosin
Type IIx Fibers → are fast glycolytic
Sympathetic Nervous System → a branch of the autonomic nervous system and prepares the body for quick action in emergencies; "fight or flight"
Contractile Properties → o oxidative capacity
o type of ATPase