Upgrade to remove ads
CON090 Module 3: Day 1
Terms in this set (28)
What is the policy on the use of the UCF?
FAR 14.201-1: The contracting officer shall prepare invitation for bids using the UCF format on Table 14-1 to the maximum extent.
Part 1 of the UCF: What is letter A's title?
Solicitation and contract forms
Part 1 of the UCF: What is letter B's title?
Supplies or services and prices
Part 1 of the UCF: What is letter C's title?
Description and specifications
Part 1 of the UCF: What is letter D's title?
Packaging and marking
Part 1 of the UCF: What is letter E's title?
Inspection and acceptance
Part 1 of the UCF: What is letter F's title?
Deliveries or performance
Part 1 of the UCF: What is letter G's title?
Contract Administration Data
Part 1 of the UCF: What is letter H's title?
Special Contract Requirements
What four characteristics shall all contract line items have?
1) Must have single unit price (with some exceptions)
2) Must be separately identifiable
3) Must have separate delivery schedules
4) Must have a single accounting classification citation
Are these any exceptions to possessing these four characteristics at the CLIN level?
Yes, according to DFARS 204-7103-1(a)(1), a single unit does not need a single unit price if:
1) The item is not separately prices, but the price is included in the unit price of another item. You can use NSP instead.
2) When there are associated sublines.
3) When the item or services are being acquired on a cost-reimbursement contract.
4) When the contract is for maintenance/repair services and a firm price has been established for elements of the total price
5) When the contract line item is established to refer to an exhibit or attachment.
6) When the contract is an indefinite delivery type contract and price of item is determined at the time of the delivery.
When structuring contract line items, especially on fixed-priced contracts, which aspects must be given due consideration?
DFARS/PGI 204.7103(D) States that due consideration shall be given to the effect of the chosen unit of measure on administration and payment.
Where are the procedures found for numbering contract line items?
Where are the procedures found for numbering contract subline items?
What is an exhibit?
An exhibit is a document referred to in the contract (which is attached). It establishes requirements for deliverables. (DFARS 204.7101)
What is an attachment?
An attachment means any documentation, appending a contract or incorporated by reference, which does not establish a requirement for deliverables.
What is an accounting classification reference number (ACRN)?
It means any combination of two position alpha numeric codes used as a method of relating the accounting classification citation to detailed line item information contained in the schedule.
What is a solicitation provision?
FAR 2.101: It is a term/condition used only in solicitation. It applies only before contract award.
What is a contract clause?
FAR 2.101: It is a term/condition that is used in both contracts and solicitation. It applies both before and after contract award.
Why do we have provisions and clauses?
So that we can implement the policies and procedures of the FAR when contractors accept an offer.
Why don't contractors follow the FAR?
FAR only applies to acquisitions and only the Federal government can make acquisitions. FAR does not apply to the contracts on its own and utilizes provisions and clauses to do so.
Where in the regulations is the text of provisions and clauses located?
It is located in FAR subpart 52.2.
How are provisions and clauses numbered?
1) It states the part and subpart first (52.2).
2) It is then followed by the section to the part/subject it applies to (Applies to Part 2? 52.202)
3) It is then followed by the subjection, which is a sequential number within 52.202. (52.202-1...2...3... etc.)
4) Afterwards, the title of the provision/clause is written ( FAR 52.202-1, Definitions).
How do I find the prescription for a particular clause or provision?
1) It is typically in the introductory text within subpart 52.2. It will include a cross reference to the location in the FAR text that prescribes its use.
2) The matrix in subpart 52.3.
What is the FAR matrix?
FAR 52.101(e): It is a matrix that contains a column for each principle type and/or purpose of the contract. The FAR matrix lists:
1) required solicitation provisions
2) required when applicable solicitation provisions
3) optional solicitation provisions
4) required contract clauses
5) required when applicable contract clauses
6) optional contract clauses
7) it also tells you whether or not incorporation is/is not authorized.
8) it tells you the section of the UCF where the provision/clause is located
Does the DFARS have a matrix?
Why are provisions and clauses dated?
To avoid questions concerning which version of the provisions/clause/alternative is effective in any given solicitation or contract. Dates NEEDS to be incorporated at ALL times, whether or not it is incorporated by reference or full text. (FAR 52.101(f))
What are alternates?
FAR 2.101: Alternates beans a substantive variation of a basic provision or clause prescribed for use in a defined circumstance. It can add wording to, delete wording from, or substitute specified wording for a portion of the basic provision or clause.
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
CON090 Module 3: Day 4
CON090 Module 3: Day 2
CON090 Module 3: Day 3
CON 090 MODULE 4, DAY 2
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
con 090 quiz 8
CFCM Study Questions
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
CON 090, MODULE 4, DAY 3
CON090 Module 4: Day 1
(CON090) Cost Arrangement Contract Types
CON090 Module 2: Day 3
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
justin study guide
MWH Chapter 10.2, People of the Enlightenment
Psych Exam 1
the nominating system in which members of the part…