Layers of the Earth
Terms in this set (6)
- center of the Earth (yoke)
- made of solid iron
- hottest layer of the Earth
- liquid iron (soft)
- soft (egg white)
- made of melted rock
- where lava in volcanoes comes from
- makes up most of the Earth - largest layer
- hard & solid ( shell of an egg)
- made of rock
- the layer that we live and walk on
- 1% of the Earth - smallest layer
-Are blocks of crust & mantle rock
-There are twelve plates that fit together on the Earth's surface like a puzzle.
-float on top of the mantle.
The super continent that was formed when all continents were together as one land mass.