5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Patrick Henry
- Marquis de Lafayette
- Benjamin Franklin
- William Tecumseh Sherman
- Harriet Tubman
- a Union General who destroyed South during "march to the sea" from Atlanta to Savannah, example of total war
- b American patriot, writer, printer, and inventor. During the Revolutionary War he persuaded the French to help the colonists.
- c French soldier who served under George Washington in the American Revolution
- d Former slave who helped slaves escape on the Underground Railroad
- e Virginian patriot; said "Give me liberty or give me death."
5 Multiple choice questions
- founder of Georgia as a colony for debtors
- United States abolitionist who escaped from slavery and became an influential writer and lecturer in the North
- brought over from Britain the idea of a textile factory and one building for all processes
- inventor of the steam boat that could sail against current and wind
- United States suffragist and feminist; Co-founded the 1848 Women's Rights Convention held in Seneca Falls, New York
5 True/False questions
John Deere → Massachusetts patriot; 2nd President
James Monroe → 5th President of the U.S. 1817-1825 acquired Florida from Spain; declared Monroe Doctrine to keep foreign powers out.
Abraham Lincoln → U.S. statesmen, 16th president. Led Union to victory in Civil War. Assassinated.
Thomas Paine → author of the pamphlet "Common Sense"
Andrew Jackson → President during the War of 1812; Father of the US Constitution