5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- John Smith
- Patrick Henry
- Marquis de Lafayette
- Benjamin Franklin
- John Paul Jones
- a American naval commander in the American Revolution (1747-1792) said " I have not yet begun to fight."
- b leader at Jamestown, Virginia; "If you don't work, you don't eat."
- c Virginian patriot; said "Give me liberty or give me death."
- d American patriot, writer, printer, and inventor. During the Revolutionary War he persuaded the French to help the colonists.
- e French soldier who served under George Washington in the American Revolution
5 Multiple choice questions
- United States abolitionist who escaped from slavery and became an influential writer and lecturer in the North
- former slave who became an abolitionist and women's rights activist; "Ain't I a Woman?" speech
- author of the Declaration of Independence; President at the time of the Louisiana Purchase
- inventor of the steam boat that could sail against current and wind
- 5th President of the U.S. 1817-1825 acquired Florida from Spain; declared Monroe Doctrine to keep foreign powers out.
5 True/False questions
John Marshall → Massachusetts patriot; 2nd President
George Washington → leader at Jamestown, Virginia; "If you don't work, you don't eat."
Pocahontas → Massachusetts patriot; 2nd President
William Penn → Virginian patriot; said "Give me liberty or give me death."
John Hancock → Massachusetts patriot; 2nd President