5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- John Smith
- Harriet Tubman
- Eli Whitney
- Thomas Jefferson
- John Deere
- a leader at Jamestown, Virginia; "If you don't work, you don't eat."
- b Former slave who helped slaves escape on the Underground Railroad
- c invented the cotton gin and interchangeable parts
- d invented the steel plow
- e author of the Declaration of Independence; President at the time of the Louisiana Purchase
5 Multiple choice questions
- American patriot, writer, printer, and inventor. During the Revolutionary War he persuaded the French to help the colonists.
- King of England during the American Revolution
- inventor of the steam boat that could sail against current and wind
- Massachusetts patriot; 2nd President
- 5th President of the U.S. 1817-1825 acquired Florida from Spain; declared Monroe Doctrine to keep foreign powers out.
5 True/False questions
James K. Polk → 5th President of the U.S. 1817-1825 acquired Florida from Spain; declared Monroe Doctrine to keep foreign powers out.
John Marshall → Massachusetts patriot; 2nd President
Samuel F.B. Morse → inventor who patented the telegraph
William Penn → The founder of the Quaker colony, Pennsylvania
Elizabeth Cady Stanton → United States suffragist and feminist; Co-founded the 1848 Women's Rights Convention held in Seneca Falls, New York