5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Andrew Jackson
- Patrick Henry
- Harriet Tubman
- Robert Fulton
- Frederick Douglass
- a inventor of the steam boat that could sail against current and wind
- b United States abolitionist who escaped from slavery and became an influential writer and lecturer in the North
- c Former slave who helped slaves escape on the Underground Railroad
- d 7th president of the US; successfully defended New Orleans from the British in 1815; expanded the power of the presidency; Indian Removal Act
- e Virginian patriot; said "Give me liberty or give me death."
5 Multiple choice questions
- Massachusetts patriot; 2nd President
- founder of Georgia as a colony for debtors
- Massachusetts patriot; member of Sons of Liberty; leader of Boston Tea Party
- invented the steel plow
- brought over from Britain the idea of a textile factory and one building for all processes
5 True/False questions
John Smith → invented the steel plow
Benjamin Franklin → American patriot, writer, printer, and inventor. During the Revolutionary War he persuaded the French to help the colonists.
Thomas Jefferson → author of the pamphlet "Common Sense"
George Washington → Military commander of the American Revolution. He was the first elected president of the United States (1789-1799). (p. 581)
Thomas Paine → author of the pamphlet "Common Sense"