5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- James Oglethorpe
- King George III
- John Deere
- John Paul Jones
- Frederick Douglass
- a invented the steel plow
- b King of England during the American Revolution
- c founder of Georgia as a colony for debtors
- d American naval commander in the American Revolution (1747-1792) said " I have not yet begun to fight."
- e United States abolitionist who escaped from slavery and became an influential writer and lecturer in the North
5 Multiple choice questions
- American patriot, writer, printer, and inventor. During the Revolutionary War he persuaded the French to help the colonists.
- Massachusetts patriot; member of Sons of Liberty; leader of Boston Tea Party
- Military commander of the American Revolution. He was the first elected president of the United States (1789-1799). (p. 581)
- leader at Jamestown, Virginia; "If you don't work, you don't eat."
- U.S. statesmen, 16th president. Led Union to victory in Civil War. Assassinated.
5 True/False questions
Robert Fulton → Former slave who helped slaves escape on the Underground Railroad
Thomas Jefferson → author of the pamphlet "Common Sense"
James Monroe → President during the War of 1812; Father of the US Constitution
Crispus Attucks → Wife of John Adams, fought for women's rights and voice as early as the Revolution
Samuel F.B. Morse → inventor who patented the telegraph