5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Frederick Douglass
- Eli Whitney
- Abraham Lincoln
- James Madison
- Benjamin Franklin
- a United States abolitionist who escaped from slavery and became an influential writer and lecturer in the North
- b President during the War of 1812; Father of the US Constitution
- c U.S. statesmen, 16th president. Led Union to victory in Civil War. Assassinated.
- d American patriot, writer, printer, and inventor. During the Revolutionary War he persuaded the French to help the colonists.
- e invented the cotton gin and interchangeable parts
5 Multiple choice questions
- Former slave who helped slaves escape on the Underground Railroad
- American naval commander in the American Revolution (1747-1792) said " I have not yet begun to fight."
- daughter of Powhatan, acted as an intermediary between settlers and Indians
- author of the pamphlet "Common Sense"
- Chief Justice of the Supreme Court establish judicial review
5 True/False questions
Samuel F.B. Morse → Massachusetts patriot; member of Sons of Liberty; leader of Boston Tea Party
Andrew Jackson → President during the War of 1812; Father of the US Constitution
George Washington → invented the cotton gin and interchangeable parts
Sojourner Truth → former slave who became an abolitionist and women's rights activist; "Ain't I a Woman?" speech
Cyrus McCormick → invented the mechanical reaper