5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Andrew Jackson
- Patrick Henry
- Frederick Douglass
- Thomas Jefferson
- James Oglethorpe
- a founder of Georgia as a colony for debtors
- b United States abolitionist who escaped from slavery and became an influential writer and lecturer in the North
- c author of the Declaration of Independence; President at the time of the Louisiana Purchase
- d 7th president of the US; successfully defended New Orleans from the British in 1815; expanded the power of the presidency; Indian Removal Act
- e Virginian patriot; said "Give me liberty or give me death."
5 Multiple choice questions
- President of United States who had territorial aspirations, leading to conflict with Mexico, resulting in a war.
- former slave who became an abolitionist and women's rights activist; "Ain't I a Woman?" speech
- inventor who patented the telegraph
- author of the pamphlet "Common Sense"
- American patriot, writer, printer, and inventor. During the Revolutionary War he persuaded the French to help the colonists.
5 True/False questions
William Tecumseh Sherman → Union General who destroyed South during "march to the sea" from Atlanta to Savannah, example of total war
John Paul Jones → Massachusetts patriot; 2nd President
Cyrus McCormick → invented the mechanical reaper
Crispus Attucks → Wife of John Adams, fought for women's rights and voice as early as the Revolution
Samuel Adams → Massachusetts patriot; member of Sons of Liberty; leader of Boston Tea Party