5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- King George III
- William Penn
- Thomas Paine
- John Deere
- Frederick Douglass
- a King of England during the American Revolution
- b invented the steel plow
- c author of the pamphlet "Common Sense"
- d The founder of the Quaker colony, Pennsylvania
- e United States abolitionist who escaped from slavery and became an influential writer and lecturer in the North
5 Multiple choice questions
- former slave who became an abolitionist and women's rights activist; "Ain't I a Woman?" speech
- Military commander of the American Revolution. He was the first elected president of the United States (1789-1799). (p. 581)
- Chief Justice of the Supreme Court establish judicial review
- U.S. statesmen, 16th president. Led Union to victory in Civil War. Assassinated.
- American revolutionary patriot who was president of the Continental Congress
5 True/False questions
Abigail Adams → Wife of John Adams, fought for women's rights and voice as early as the Revolution
Benjamin Franklin → President during the War of 1812; Father of the US Constitution
Pocahontas → Massachusetts patriot; 2nd President
James Monroe → 5th President of the U.S. 1817-1825 acquired Florida from Spain; declared Monroe Doctrine to keep foreign powers out.
Samuel Slater → Massachusetts patriot; member of Sons of Liberty; leader of Boston Tea Party