5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- John Adams
- William Tecumseh Sherman
- James Madison
- King George III
- Harriet Tubman
- a President during the War of 1812; Father of the US Constitution
- b Former slave who helped slaves escape on the Underground Railroad
- c Union General who destroyed South during "march to the sea" from Atlanta to Savannah, example of total war
- d Massachusetts patriot; 2nd President
- e King of England during the American Revolution
5 Multiple choice questions
- founder of Georgia as a colony for debtors
- invented the cotton gin and interchangeable parts
- author of the pamphlet "Common Sense"
- The founder of the Quaker colony, Pennsylvania
- 5th President of the U.S. 1817-1825 acquired Florida from Spain; declared Monroe Doctrine to keep foreign powers out.
5 True/False questions
Andrew Jackson → 7th president of the US; successfully defended New Orleans from the British in 1815; expanded the power of the presidency; Indian Removal Act
George Washington → Military commander of the American Revolution. He was the first elected president of the United States (1789-1799). (p. 581)
Pocahontas → daughter of Powhatan, acted as an intermediary between settlers and Indians
Sojourner Truth → leader at Jamestown, Virginia; "If you don't work, you don't eat."
Crispus Attucks → Colonial man of African descent who was killed in Boston Massacre