5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Thomas Paine
- Cyrus McCormick
- John Marshall
- Robert Fulton
- James K. Polk
- a Chief Justice of the Supreme Court establish judicial review
- b President of United States who had territorial aspirations, leading to conflict with Mexico, resulting in a war.
- c inventor of the steam boat that could sail against current and wind
- d author of the pamphlet "Common Sense"
- e invented the mechanical reaper
5 Multiple choice questions
- invented the cotton gin and interchangeable parts
- daughter of Powhatan, acted as an intermediary between settlers and Indians
- Massachusetts patriot; 2nd President
- Military commander of the American Revolution. He was the first elected president of the United States (1789-1799). (p. 581)
- brought over from Britain the idea of a textile factory and one building for all processes
5 True/False questions
Thomas Jefferson → author of the pamphlet "Common Sense"
William Tecumseh Sherman → Union General who destroyed South during "march to the sea" from Atlanta to Savannah, example of total war
John Deere → invented the steel plow
Samuel F.B. Morse → Massachusetts patriot; member of Sons of Liberty; leader of Boston Tea Party
James Oglethorpe → founder of Georgia as a colony for debtors