5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Thomas Jefferson
- John Adams
- Patrick Henry
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton
- Abraham Lincoln
- a Virginian patriot; said "Give me liberty or give me death."
- b author of the Declaration of Independence; President at the time of the Louisiana Purchase
- c U.S. statesmen, 16th president. Led Union to victory in Civil War. Assassinated.
- d Massachusetts patriot; 2nd President
- e United States suffragist and feminist; Co-founded the 1848 Women's Rights Convention held in Seneca Falls, New York
5 Multiple choice questions
- author of the pamphlet "Common Sense"
- 7th president of the US; successfully defended New Orleans from the British in 1815; expanded the power of the presidency; Indian Removal Act
- invented the mechanical reaper
- Former slave who helped slaves escape on the Underground Railroad
- The founder of the Quaker colony, Pennsylvania
5 True/False questions
James Oglethorpe → 5th President of the U.S. 1817-1825 acquired Florida from Spain; declared Monroe Doctrine to keep foreign powers out.
John Hancock → Massachusetts patriot; 2nd President
George Washington → Military commander of the American Revolution. He was the first elected president of the United States (1789-1799). (p. 581)
James Madison → President during the War of 1812; Father of the US Constitution
John Smith → invented the steel plow