5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- rural decline
- traditional culture
- a the diversity of plant and animal life in a particular habitat
- b Portuguese-speaking South American country
- c customs and ways of life handed down by ancestors
- d The process of clearing the land of forests, often to make space for farms and ranches.
- e worsening economic conditions in the countryside including rising unemployment and growing poverty
5 Multiple choice questions
- A statistical comparison created in 1990 by the UN to measure the development and quality of life in a nation by looking at life expectancy, education, GNP, and other standards of living
- the material well-being of an individual, group, or nation measured by how well their necessities and luxuries are satisfied
- Incan empire timeline dates
- ancient civilization found in Mexico and Central America
- the only communist country in the western hemisphere
5 True/False questions
forest floor → The process of clearing the land of forests, often to make space for farms and ranches.
Aztec empire → Empire based in modern-day Mexico that fell under the rule of Spain as a result of the Spanish conquest.
1325 - 1519 C.E. → Aztec empire timeline dates
carbon-oxygen cycle → process by which carbon and oxygen cycle among plants, people and animals and the environment
colonization → movement of people from rural areas to cities