5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- physical geography
- Panama Canal
- a a man-made connection between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans
- b Lovett's Siempre Verde is located here
- c the study of the world's physical features, such as landforms, bodies of water, climates, soils, and plants
- d a relatively narrow strip of land (with water on both sides) connecting two larger land areas
- e Political leader who rules a country with absolute power, usually by force and without the consent of the people
5 Multiple choice questions
- the dense mass of leaves and branches that form the top layer of the rain forest
- a change in a way of life to suit new conditions
- the ground level of the rainforest
- The process of clearing the land of forests, often to make space for farms and ranches.
- Development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
5 True/False questions
1438 - 1533 C.E. → Aztec empire timeline dates
Lake Titicaca → The average number of years an individual can be expected to live, given current social, economic, and medical conditions. Life expectancy at birth is the average number of years a newborn infant can expect to live.
indigenous → a relatively narrow strip of land (with water on both sides) connecting two larger land areas
traditional culture → customs and ways of life handed down by ancestors
Roman Catholicism → travel to a natural habitat in a way that does not damage the habitat