5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- life expectancy
- ethnic group
- Mayan civilization
- a movement of people from rural areas to cities
- b A system where one country extends its control over another area, especially for economic benefit.
- c The average number of years an individual can be expected to live, given current social, economic, and medical conditions. Life expectancy at birth is the average number of years a newborn infant can expect to live.
- d people of the same race or nationality who share a distinctive culture
- e ancient civilization found in Mexico and Central America
5 Multiple choice questions
- Empire based in modern-day Mexico that fell under the rule of Spain as a result of the Spanish conquest.
- the unequal distribution of wealth or resources in a geographic area
- a broadleaf evergreen forest found in wet and hot regions near the equator
- the study of people and culture, past or present
- worsening economic conditions in the countryside including rising unemployment and growing poverty
5 True/False questions
biodiversity → natives to a particular area who have been dominated by others who came later
Cuba → Human Development Index
HDI → Human Development Index
ecosystem → travel to a natural habitat in a way that does not damage the habitat
1438 - 1533 C.E. → Incan empire timeline dates