5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- An abnormal lateral spinal curvature, which is more common in adolescent girls is called
- The use of anabolic steroids by adolescent boys will
- Which of the following is not found in the skull?
- The head of most ribs articulates with the body of the thoracic vertebra at the
- Hemopoiesis typically occurs in
- a superior and inferior costal facets.
- b orturator foramen
- c scoliosis.
- d the red bone marrow.
- e decrease the growth of bone by prematurely closing the epiphyseal plate.
5 Multiple choice questions
- parathyroid hormone.
5 True/False questions
Osteoclasts are stimulated, calcium is reabsorbed by the kidneys, calcitriol is formed and osteoblasts are inhibited from forming collagen. The best explanation for these activities is → low blood calcium and increased production of PTH.
The most serious effect of severe hypocalcaemia is likely to be → laryngospasm and suffocation.
The joint between a tooth an alveolar socket is called____. → ball and socket joint.
A farmers finger is pulled completely off his hand by a piece of farm machinery. This is → an avulsion.
Suppose you cup your hands to hold some water. This action would most likely involve → laryngospasm and suffocation.