5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Bones of the skull and clavicle develop by
- The term osseous tissue refers to
- The periosteum is a connective tissue sheath which lines the ____of bones and fuses with bones by way of ___ fibers.
- The axis is the only vertebra with
- If thyroid tumor secreted an excessive amount of calcitonin, we would expect
- a an elevated level of osteoblast activity.
- b a dens.
- c Outer space, perforating
- d intramembranous ossification.
- e bone only.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A second class lever/Saddle Joint
- the diploe.
- increase the activity of osteoclasts.
5 True/False questions
If you are moving your head, from side to side to say "no", you are using this type of joint. → plantar flexion.
The ____bone of the skull articulates with the vertebral column. → occipital.
The joint between a tooth an alveolar socket is called____. → gomphosis.
Calcium homeostasis in adults is maintained mainly by → parathyroid hormone.
Fat is stored in the → medullary cavity of long bones.