Get ahead with a $300 test prep scholarship
| Enter to win by Tuesday 9/24
ACT 1 - 20
Terms in this set (20)
1. Stick completely to a surface or substance. 2. Believe in or follow the practices of.
1. Not friendly or forthcoming. 2. Cool and distant.
1. Open to more than one interpretation. 2. Having a double meaning.
1. Examine in detail, typicaly for purpose of explanation and interpretation.
1. A short and amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person.
1. Cause someone to become hostile.
1. Regard as proable. 2. Expect or predict.
1. Anxious or fearful that something bad will happen.
1. Mysterious or secret.
1. State a fact or belief confidently and forcefully.
1. Evaluate or estimate the nature, ability, or quality of.
1. Regard something as being caused by someone or something.
1. Endure an ordeal or difficulty.
1. (of something bad) happen to someone.
1. Begin to grow or increase rapidly. 2. Flourish.
1. Logical and consistent.
1. Concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others.
1. Make up for something unwelcome or unpleasant by exerting an opposite force of effect.
1. A thing that completes or brings a perfection to a larger whole.
1. Write or create. 2. Constitute. 3. Make up.