5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mary McLeod Bethune
- Jamie Foxx
- Albert Gray
- Colin Powell
- Rudolph Dawkins for Dawkins Middle School
- a Who was the first African-American educator that had a middle school named after him?
- b What African-American won an Academy Award for playing the role of Ray Charles in the movie, "Ray"?
- c What African-American educator from Maysville, S.C., founded Bethune-Cookman College (in Florida) and the National Council of Negro Women, Inc.?
- d Who was the first African-American of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and he also became the first African-American Secretary of State?
- e Who was the first African-American to integrate Wofford College?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who was the first African-American Supreme Court Justice?
- Who is the first black elected governor in the United States during the 21st century?
- Who is named the "Godfather of Soul"?
- Who invented the boiler furnace?
- Who is the first African-American to discover a method to store blood and who made blood banks more effective?
5 True/False questions
Ernie Davis → What African-American won an Academy Award for playing the role of Ray Charles in the movie, "Ray"?
Franklin Raines → Who was the first African-American football player to win the Heisman Trophy?
George Washington Carver → Who founded Tuskegee Institute in Alabama to train black teachers?
L.C. Bailey → Who invented the elevator?
Congress of Racial Equality → Who was the first African-American woman to win the title of "Miss America"?