5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dr. Charles Drew
- Maya Angelou
- Charley Pride
- Thomas Dorsey
- Franklin Raines
- a Who was the first African-American woman to write and read her poem at President Bill Clinton's inauguration in 1993?
- b Who was the first African-American Country Music Star?
- c Who is known as the "Father of Gospel Music"?
- d Who was the first African-American to become Chairman and CEO of Fannie Mae and to lead a Fortune 500 company?
- e Who is the first African-American to discover a method to store blood and who made blood banks more effective?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who was the first African-American woman to win a Tony Award for best leading actress?
- What African-American won an Academy Award for playing the role of Ray Charles in the movie, "Ray"?
- Who was the first African-American to become a permanent member of a major ballet company?
- What holiday did Professor Dr. Maulana Karenga create?
- What famous speech took place at the March on Washington?
5 True/False questions
J. Douglas Wilder → Who is the first black elected governor in the United States during the 21st century?
Madame C.J. Walker → Who became the first black woman millionaire and invented hair care products for black women?
Vanessa Williams → Who was the first African-American woman to win the title of "Miss America"?
James Brown → Who is named the "Godfather of Soul"?
Bernard A. Harris → Who was the first African-American to walk in space?