5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Barbara Maxton
- Memphis, Tennessee
- Tony Fisher
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have A Dream" speech
- Provident Hospital in Chicago
- a Who was the first African-American to become police chief of Spartanburg?
- b What African-American woman introduced and initiated Gamma Phi Delta Sorority, Inc., to Spartanburg?
- c Where did the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. take place?
- d What is the name of the first black owned U.S. hospital that Dr. Daniel Hale Williams founded and trained black doctors and black nurses, and where is it located?
- e What famous speech took place at the March on Washington?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who invented the elevator?
- Who was the first African-American in space; what was the name of the shuttle; what month, date and year did the shuttle fly?
- Who is named the "Queen of Soul"?
- Who invented the shoe making machine?
- What African-American led the Chicago Bulls to six National BAsketball Association championships?
5 True/False questions
Sidney Poitier for "Lillies of the Field" in 1963 → Which African-American coach was the first to win a superbowl game; what team did he coach?
The Father of Black History → Who is the only black woman to run for President of the U.S. (1972) and was re-elected for Congress six times?
Cardiss Collin → Who is the first African-American President of the United States of America?
J. Douglas Wilder → Who is the first black elected governor in the United States during the 21st century?
The Children's Defense Fund → What did Marian Wright Edelman start, to raise money for poor and disabled children and their families?