5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Albert Gray
- Tony Fisher
- Ralph Bunche
- Harriet Tubman
- Dr. Benjamin Carson
- a Who was the first African- American to win the Nobel Peace prize?
- b What African-American doctor performed history-making surgery by separating tins joined at the head in 1987?
- c What woman led more than 300 slaves to freedom through the Underground Railroad?
- d Who was the first African-American to integrate Wofford College?
- e Who was the first African-American to become police chief of Spartanburg?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who helped to keep the African dance tradition alive?
- What was the reason Ralph Bunche won the Nobel Peace Prize?
- Who was the first African-American football player to win the Heisman Trophy?
- Who invented the traffic signal?
- What was the name of the first record company owned and operated by an African-American; who was the owner/operator; what year was it founded?
5 True/False questions
Wilt Chamberlain → Who was the first Africa-American head coach in major league sports?
W.H. Richardson → Who invented the baby carriage?
Lorraine Hansberry and the play was "Raisin in the Sun" → What African-American woman was the first to write a broadway play?
Franklin Raines → Who was the first African-American to become Chairman and CEO of Fannie Mae and to lead a Fortune 500 company?
Tony Dungy of the Indianapolis Colts → What was the largest civil rights protest in America?