5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- G.F. Grant
- Cardiss Collin
- James "Patch" Talley
- Memphis, Tennessee
- a Where did the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. take place?
- b Who invented the elevator?
- c Who was the first African-American to hold a Democratic Leadership position in the House of Representatives?
- d What was the total number of slaves that escaped to freedom using the Underground Railroad?
- e Who was the first African-American male to become mayor of Spartanburg?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who is the only boxer to win the heavyweight championship three times?
- What year did the Voting Rights Act become law?
- Who is the first person in history to win four gold medals in track and field at the Olympic Games in 1936?
- Who was the first African-American woman to write and read her poem at President Bill Clinton's inauguration in 1993?
- What African-American woman introduced and initiated Gamma Phi Delta Sorority, Inc., to Spartanburg?
5 True/False questions
Dr. Mae Jemison → Who was the first African-American woman astronaut?
W.H. Richardson → Who invented the baby carriage?
Bill Russell → Who was the first woman to win three Olympic Gold Medals in track?
Bernard A. Harris → Who was the first African-American to walk in space?
Franklin Raines → Who was the first African-American to become Chairman and CEO of Fannie Mae and to lead a Fortune 500 company?