5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Supremes and The Temptations
- Thomas Dorsey
- J. Douglas Wilder
- James Brown
- George Washington Carver
- a Who is named the "Godfather of Soul"?
- b Who is known as the "Father of Gospel Music"?
- c What two singing groups created the "Motown Sound"?
- d Who is the first black elected governor in the United States during the 21st century?
- e Who was responsible for more than 300 products created from the peanut, including soap and ink; 118 products from the sweet potato, including flour, shoe polish, and candy; 75 products from the pecan, and many other products from cotton, dyes, and wood shavings?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who invented the boiler furnace?
- What African-American woman made history when she refused to give up her seat on a bus to a white man?
- Who is the founder of Motown Records in Detroit, Michigan?
- What African-American woman was the first to become a United States judge?
- What was the largest civil rights protest in America?
5 True/False questions
Wynona Douglas → Who was the first woman to win three Olympic Gold Medals in track?
Guion S. Bluford, on August 30, 1983, flew aboard the space shuttle Challenger at the Kennedy Space Center → Who was the first African-American in space; what was the name of the shuttle; what month, date and year did the shuttle fly?
Jamie Foxx → What African-American won an Academy Award for playing the role of Ray Charles in the movie, "Ray"?
Booker T. Washington → Who invented over 300 products from the peanut?
Wilt Chamberlain → What basketball player was the first to score 100 points in a single game?