5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dr. Mae Jemison
- Madame C.J. Walker
- Oprah Winfrey
- Wilma Rudolph
- Tyrone Gilmore
- a Who was the first woman to win three Olympic Gold Medals in track?
- b Who was the first African-American woman to host a television program for 25 years and now owns her own network?
- c Who became the first black woman millionaire and invented hair care products for black women?
- d Who was the first African-American woman astronaut?
- e Who was the first African-American male to hold office of Superintendent of School District 7 in Spartanburg?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What African-American led the Chicago Bulls to six National BAsketball Association championships?
- Who was the first black woman bank president; what was the name of the bank she founded; where was the bank located?
- What does P.U.S.H. stand for?
- Who was the first African-American to hold the title of "Miss Dorman High School"?
- Who founded Tuskegee Institute in Alabama to train black teachers?
5 True/False questions
Franklin Raines → Who was the first African-American Country Music Star?
Dr. Frederick D. Patterson → Who was the first African-American woman astronaut?
1965 → What year did the Voting Rights Act become law?
Vanessa Williams → Who is the first African-American to successfully perform open heart surgery?
Shirley Chisholm → Who invented the ironing board in 1892?