5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- W.H. Richardson
- Dr. Charles Drew
- Barbara Maxton
- Tony Dungy of the Indianapolis Colts
- a What was the first state to declare Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday a legal holiday?
- b Who invented the baby carriage?
- c Which African-American coach was the first to win a superbowl game; what team did he coach?
- d Who is the first African-American to discover a method to store blood and who made blood banks more effective?
- e What African-American woman introduced and initiated Gamma Phi Delta Sorority, Inc., to Spartanburg?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who invented the folding bed?
- Who is named the "Queen of Soul"?
- What is the first private university founded for black students through the Methodist Episcopal Church?
- Who was the first African-American actor to win an Academy Award; for what movie was the award given; in what year was it awarded?
- Who was the first African-American to become a permanent member of a major ballet company?
5 True/False questions
Reverend Jesse Jackson → What African-American doctor performed history-making surgery by separating tins joined at the head in 1987?
Thomas Dorsey → Who is known as the "Father of Gospel Music"?
Jane Bolin → What African-American won an Academy Award for playing the role of Ray Charles in the movie, "Ray"?
Mary McLeod Bethune → Who was the first African-American woman astronaut?
Leon Sullivan → Who invented the incandescent light bulb in 1881?