5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Vitamin K (function)
- Vitamin D (kidney function)
- Vitamin K (sources)
- sunlight requirements for formation of Vitamin D
- Vitamin E (toxicity)
- a interfere with vitamin K (needed for blood clotting). May cause hemorrhaging
- b sunlight 2-3 times a week for 10-15 minutes.
- c (clotting and bones) need in synthesis of blood clotting factors. synthesis of protein that bind calcium
- d with regulation from parathyriod hormone makes active form of calcitriol (hormone) induces vitamin D function.
- e Green vegtables: brocolli, Kale, green beans, soybean, olive, canola
5 Multiple choice questions
- from liver via lipoproteins (very low lipoproteins). Excreted in bile, urine, and skin.
- in the GI by bacteria, manaquinones (10% absorbed)
- high levels of calcium in blood due to vitamin D toxicity
- no more than 10% of daily value (should not exceed UL's). USP (United States Pharmacopeia) Certification.
- Antibiotic therapy (disrupts making of vit by bacteria in colon). Fat free diet (absorption problem). Hemorrhagic disease of newborns (shot at birth)
5 True/False questions
Deficiency of Vitamin D → Rickets (improper bone formation), Osteomalacia (poorly formed new bone)
Rickets → vitamin D deficiencty. (Children)improper bone formation
Vitamin E (UL) → 1000 mg/ natural source. 1,100/synthetic source
Vitamin E (sources) → Green vegtables: brocolli, Kale, green beans, soybean, olive, canola
Vitamin E (function) → (clotting and bones) need in synthesis of blood clotting factors. synthesis of protein that bind calcium