5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Vitamin E (storage)
- Vitamin D (sources)
- Vitamin E (toxicity)
- Deficiency of Vitamin D
- a made by skin. Found in: Salmon, shrimp, Cod, liver oil, Tuna, Eel, herring, fortified cereal, milk.
- b vitamin D deficiencty. (Children)improper bone formation
- c in adipose tissue
- d interfere with vitamin K (needed for blood clotting). May cause hemorrhaging
- e Rickets (improper bone formation), Osteomalacia (poorly formed new bone)
5 Multiple choice questions
- antioxidant- stops damage done by free radicals (because it donates an electron to the free radicals), reduces oxidative stress
- 1000 mg/ natural source. 1,100/synthetic source
- (clotting and bones) need in synthesis of blood clotting factors. synthesis of protein that bind calcium
- poorly formed new bone (weak or soft bone)
- with regulation from parathyriod hormone makes active form of calcitriol (hormone) induces vitamin D function.
5 True/False questions
Hemolytic anemia → high levels of calcium in blood due to vitamin D toxicity
Vitamin E (sources) → Green vegtables: brocolli, Kale, green beans, soybean, olive, canola
Vitamin E (deficiencies) → hemolytic enemia, but are rare
sunlight requirements for formation of Vitamin D → sunlight 2-3 times a week for 10-15 minutes.
Hypercalcemia → high levels of calcium in blood due to vitamin D toxicity