Upgrade to remove ads
Wordly Wise 1
Terms in this set (16)
The state of being poor and not having enough money
A fond or tender feeling towards someone
Gentle and loving
1. To grasp or hold tightly
2. Something, such as a hook or fastener, that holds two parts together
1. To make a request; to ask something
2. To be interested in or attracted to
Easily or obviously seen
1. To give something when others are also giving something
2. To have a part in creating something
3. Something that is given
4. The one who gives
1. To make something known; to state out in the open
2. A public statement
Skilled at speaking or writing; having the power to affect people with spoken or written words
1. To show something in public
2. An item or collection of items in a public show
3. A large-scale public show
A boat that carries people and things back and forth across a stretch of water.
A person who comes into a country to live there.
1. Very tall or high.
2. Difficult to reach, or high goals.
A base or support on which something stands.
To treat cruelly or harshly because of political, religious, or other differences.
1. To remove the covering off of something
2. To make known or reveal for the first time.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Inside Reading 1 Unit 5 Success story
Academic Vocabulary 2016-2017
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
MArch Madness 5 vOIcecrAck EdItiOn
March Madness 4
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
CH 7 (energy balance and weight control)
ap gov ch 6 vocab
AP Psychology Exam
bio exam 3 FINAL