5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Declaration of Independence
- Proclamation Act of 1763
- Continental Army is established
- The Boston Massacre
- Pontiac's Rebellion:what was it and what were the causes, turn out?
- a June 7th of 1776, Richard Henry Lee of VA proposed a resolution for Independence(3 prong resolution) and it was accepted.
- b Was a rebellion between Native american tribes, led by the Ottowan chief Pontiac, and the colonists. The person who inspired Pontiac with his message was a Prophet from the Delaware tribe named Neolin and his message was that the english were "our enemies." The reasons for the rebellion were violations in treaties, settlers encroaching onto Indian lands, and the british had a much different treatment of NA than the French.(didn't give them annual gifts like the French)
- c Partrol soldier starts getting heckled by a colonists and soldier hits him, then all these people come out of bars and pubs and it becomes an angry mob, soldier calls for back up, but mob corners all the 9 soldiers there. One soldier is hit with a stick, Hugh Montgomery, and he fires first, the rest fire to after maybe hearing fire from the crowd.
- d Was a law banning the settlement of people west of the Appalachian mts.
- e Unanimous vote chose General George Washington from VA to be Commander in Chief. "For the Defense of American Liberty."
5 Multiple choice questions
- Governor Hutchinson ignores colonists demands that 3 shiploads of tea from Britian be sent back. So the Sonds of Liberty in the middle of the night board the ships dressed in indian manner, dump all 342 chests of English Tea, in 3 hours, into the harbor. This showed england how serious the colonies were about their liberty. Some colonists cheered the teas destruction while others were shocked by the disregard of property rights.
- King George the III and New prime Minister George Grenville, who instituted new taxes. George the III wasn"t just immature but had a rare disease in which he would have periods of insanity.
- Depended colonists hostility toward Britian. Colonists everywhere felt sympathy for Boston and sent money and food to offset the affects of the Port Bill.
- British march to concord, ma to seize rebel military supplies but are also looking for Hancock and Adams. Lamp-s in Old Church were 1 by land, 2 by sea. Paul Revere is sent on his famous ride along with William Dawes, and Samuel Preston, but on different routes. Yells British are coming all along the way. People hear and at lexington Green 70 minutemen gather comanded by colonial captain John Parker. Some body shoots at the confrontation, starts war, they fight, shot heard around the world, 8 colonists are dead and 10 more are wounded. British march on to concord and destroy only some of the supplies and start marching back to boston. Minutemen pick them off in there very visible red coats on the way back. The trail is called the Highway of Death. 70 to 80Briti8sh killed.
- June 7th 1776- Richard Henry Lee's 3 prong resoulution is accepted July 2nd, 1776- Congress officicially declares Independence July 4th, 1776- Congress formally adopts the declaration of Independence. No turning back now.
5 True/False questions
Stamp Act Congress → 9 delegates from 9 colonies create a more unified resistance and draft Declaration of Rights which states only colonial taxes can be put on them.
Powerful voices for Independence → Patrick Henry was the delagate from VA to go to 1rst and 2nd continental congresses. "Give me liberty or give me death." Also there was Thomas Paine who was a Britiah immagrant who thought that the people of a free country should rule themselves. Wrote Common Sense which transformed an unorganized colonial rebellion into a unified moment by selling many copies so everyone knew what was going on.
Prime Minister Townshend → 9 delegates from 9 colonies create a more unified resistance and draft Declaration of Rights which states only colonial taxes can be put on them.
Commitee of Correspondence(sprang up everywhere) → Charged with letting the colonoes and the world know about england violations of colonial rights.
Ironic? → Actually lowered the existing tax that had been set previously but ignored.