5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dang Gui (Angelica sinensis Radix)
- Ji Xue Teng (Spatholobi Caulis)
- E Jiao (Asini Corii Colla)
- Bai Shao (Paeoniae Radix alba)
- a Sweet and Neutral, enters the Kidney, Liver and Lung. Nourishes the blood and stops bleeding, nourishes and moistens the Yin (with irritability, insomnia, Lung deficiency with coughing of Blood). Add at the end of the formula. Contraindicated in exterior disorders because it is cloying.
- b Blood nourishes the organs which produce the ______/
- c Sweet, acrid bitter and warm. Enters the Heart, Liver and Spleen. Tonifies Blood and regulates the Menses. Invigorates and harmonizes the blood and disperses cold. Moistens the intestines & unblocks the bowels. Reduces swelling, expels pus, generates flesh and reduces pain. Treats coughs. Dose 3 - 15 grams.
- d Chicken Blood Vine. Bitter, sweet and warm, it enters the Heart, Liver and Spleen. Invigorates the channels and relaxes the sinews. Good for treating Bi-syndrome, arthritis when people are blood deficient. Treats the elderly for numbness and weakness of the extremities, paralysis, wind stroke and vertigo.
- e Bitter, Sour and cool. Enters the Liver and Spleen. Astringent, add Gui Zhi (Release the Exterior) for Wei Qi deficiency. Can be dry fried (Chao) to help nourish the Blood. Nourishes the blood and regulates the menses. Calms and curbs Liver Yang and alleviates pain. Preserves Yin (astringent and sour) and adjusts the nutritive and protective levels (Wei Qi and Ying Qi).
5 Multiple choice questions
- Peach Kernel. Bitter, Sweet and Neutral, enters the Heart, Large Intestine, Liver and Lungss. Breaks up Blood stasis and moistens the intestines to move the stool. Treats fibroids and endometriosis.
- The 3 main organs for making Blood and Disorders of Blood are the: _______ ________ and ________.
- This Blood deficiency can be caused by a deficiency or loss of blood or the impairment of organs that make blood, emotions, heat in the Blood, cold in the blood and any t
- Blood is ______, while Qi is _______.
- This organ Stores the Blood.
5 True/False questions
Blood → This organ manages and "contains" the Blood.
Sang Shen (Mori Fructus) → Sweet and neutral, enters the Liver, Lungs and Kidney. Benefits the essence (good for male fertility) and brightens the eyes. Symptoms include sore back and legs, dizziness, blurred vision. Goji Berries.
Deficiency stasis heat → The 3 pathologies of Blood are:__________, _________ and _______.
Long Yan Rou (Longan Arillus) → Mulberry fruit spikes. Tonifies the Blood and enters the Heart, Liver and Kidneys. Enriches the yin and moistens the intestines. Treats dizziness, tinnitus, insomnia and pre-mature greying of hair. Good for elderly with constipation because it is gentle.
Gou Zi Zi (Lycii Fructus) → Sweet and neutral, enters the Liver, Lungs and Kidney. Benefits the essence (good for male fertility) and brightens the eyes. Symptoms include sore back and legs, dizziness, blurred vision. Goji Berries.