5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Long Yan Rou (Longan Arillus)
- Mu Dan Pi (Bark of Peony Root)
- E Jiao (Asini Corii Colla)
- Shen Di Huang (Rehmanniae Radix)
- a Looks like Raisins. Sweet and Warm, enters the Heart and Spleen. Tonifies and augments the heart and spleen, nourishes the blood, calms the spirit (insomnia). Treats excessive worry and overwork.
- b Sweet and Warm, enters the Heart, Liver and Kidneys. Clears heat, cools Blood, nourishes the Yin and generates fluids. Cools heart fire and wasting and thirsting disorders. Good for irregular menses and postpartum bleeding.
- c Blood nourishes the organs which produce the ______/
- d Clears Heat at the Blood Level. Acrid, bitter and cool. Enters the Heart, Liver and Kidney. Clears Yin deficiency fire (steaming bone) and profuse menses due to heat. Can be used topically for firm, non-draining sores. Good for Liver Fire. Avoid using with Garlic (too hot) and conteracts Tu Sizi, Da Huang and Bei Mu.
- e Sweet and Neutral, enters the Kidney, Liver and Lung. Nourishes the blood and stops bleeding, nourishes and moistens the Yin (with irritability, insomnia, Lung deficiency with coughing of Blood). Add at the end of the formula. Contraindicated in exterior disorders because it is cloying.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Blood is ______, while Qi is _______.
- This Blood deficiency can be caused by a deficiency or loss of blood or the impairment of organs that make blood, emotions, heat in the Blood, cold in the blood and any t
- Bitter, Sour and cool. Enters the Liver and Spleen. Astringent, add Gui Zhi (Release the Exterior) for Wei Qi deficiency. Can be dry fried (Chao) to help nourish the Blood. Nourishes the blood and regulates the menses. Calms and curbs Liver Yang and alleviates pain. Preserves Yin (astringent and sour) and adjusts the nutritive and protective levels (Wei Qi and Ying Qi).
- This organ Stores the Blood.
- This organ Governs the Blood.
5 True/False questions
Hong Hua (Carthami Flos) → Safflower. Acrid and Warm, enters the Heart and Liver and unblocks the menses. Can be used topically on the skin to treat sores, carbuncles and incomplete expression of measles. Treats Raynaud's Syndrome (White fingers and toes, due to Yang Deficiency and cold in the Blood).
Heart Liver Spleen → This organ manages and "contains" the Blood.
Sang Shen (Mori Fructus) → Mulberry fruit spikes. Tonifies the Blood and enters the Heart, Liver and Kidneys. Enriches the yin and moistens the intestines. Treats dizziness, tinnitus, insomnia and pre-mature greying of hair. Good for elderly with constipation because it is gentle.
Tao Ren (persicae Semen) → Peach Kernel. Bitter, Sweet and Neutral, enters the Heart, Large Intestine, Liver and Lungss. Breaks up Blood stasis and moistens the intestines to move the stool. Treats fibroids and endometriosis.
Qi → This organ Stores the Blood.