5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- E Jiao (Asini Corii Colla)
- Gou Zi Zi (Lycii Fructus)
- Dang Gui (Angelica sinensis Radix)
- Mu Dan Pi (Bark of Peony Root)
- a Sweet and neutral, enters the Liver, Lungs and Kidney. Benefits the essence (good for male fertility) and brightens the eyes. Symptoms include sore back and legs, dizziness, blurred vision. Goji Berries.
- b This organ manages and "contains" the Blood.
- c Clears Heat at the Blood Level. Acrid, bitter and cool. Enters the Heart, Liver and Kidney. Clears Yin deficiency fire (steaming bone) and profuse menses due to heat. Can be used topically for firm, non-draining sores. Good for Liver Fire. Avoid using with Garlic (too hot) and conteracts Tu Sizi, Da Huang and Bei Mu.
- d Sweet, acrid bitter and warm. Enters the Heart, Liver and Spleen. Tonifies Blood and regulates the Menses. Invigorates and harmonizes the blood and disperses cold. Moistens the intestines & unblocks the bowels. Reduces swelling, expels pus, generates flesh and reduces pain. Treats coughs. Dose 3 - 15 grams.
- e Sweet and Neutral, enters the Kidney, Liver and Lung. Nourishes the blood and stops bleeding, nourishes and moistens the Yin (with irritability, insomnia, Lung deficiency with coughing of Blood). Add at the end of the formula. Contraindicated in exterior disorders because it is cloying.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Qi is the Commander of _________.
- Blood follows the ____.
- The 3 pathologies of Blood are:__________, _________ and _______.
- Peach Kernel. Bitter, Sweet and Neutral, enters the Heart, Large Intestine, Liver and Lungss. Breaks up Blood stasis and moistens the intestines to move the stool. Treats fibroids and endometriosis.
- Sweet and Warm, enters the Heart, Liver and Kidneys. Clears heat, cools Blood, nourishes the Yin and generates fluids. Cools heart fire and wasting and thirsting disorders. Good for irregular menses and postpartum bleeding.
5 True/False questions
Heart Liver Spleen → The 3 main organs for making Blood and Disorders of Blood are the: _______ ________ and ________.
Hong Hua (Carthami Flos) → Mulberry fruit spikes. Tonifies the Blood and enters the Heart, Liver and Kidneys. Enriches the yin and moistens the intestines. Treats dizziness, tinnitus, insomnia and pre-mature greying of hair. Good for elderly with constipation because it is gentle.
Blood → Qi engenders and moves the _______.
Sang Shen (Mori Fructus) → Sweet and neutral, enters the Liver, Lungs and Kidney. Benefits the essence (good for male fertility) and brightens the eyes. Symptoms include sore back and legs, dizziness, blurred vision. Goji Berries.
Liver → Blood is the Mother of _____.