5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Disruption of Respiratory Control
- a contains DNA
- b hemoglobin
- c passive process - muscles relax, chest contract, + pressure pushes air out.
- d - stroke / infection - alter breathing
- toxins - affect capillaries (min volume)
- trauma - harm medulla
- e form clots
5 Multiple choice questions
- inability of body to adequately circulate blood to body's cells to supple them with oxygen and nutrients = shock.
cells hypoxic / anaerobic metabolism
- body attempts to compensate for any faults in the system. Chemoreceptors recognize low O2 / high CO2 levels. increase resp rate & tidal volume.
- swelling with movement of water. swelling associated with movement of water into interstitial space.
- smallest arteries that connect to capillaries
- - intracellular 70% (inside cells)
- intravascular 5% (in blood)
- interstitial 25% (btwn cells and blood vessels)
5 True/False questions
Sympathetic → Relax or dilate blood vessels
FiO2 → fraction of inspired oxygen the concentration of oxygen in the air we breathe.
Blood Vessel Dysfunction → - trauma
- bleeding/ swelling
- mechanical damage
medulla oblongata → converts glucose to energy (ATP) or adenosine triphosphate (metabolism)
Sodium Potassium Pump → amount of blood ejected from the heart in one minute. (HR x SV)