5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Aerobic Metabolism
- Anaerobic Metabolism
- Fluid Loss Disruption of Fluid Balance
- a Glucose metabolized into energy without oxygen. Inefficient amount with many waste products (CO2 and lactic acid) makes blood more acidic.
- b dehydration - decrease in total amount of water in body.
- c carry blood away from heart - oxygenated
- d cellular process in which oxygen is used to metabolize glucose. Energy is produced in an efficient manner with minimal waste products.
- e inability of body to adequately circulate blood to body's cells to supple them with oxygen and nutrients = shock.
cells hypoxic / anaerobic metabolism
5 Multiple choice questions
- increase heart rate and strength of contraction
- transports oxygen and carbon dioxide
- pressure in peripheral blood vessels that the heart must overcome in order to pump blood into the system.
- overly permeable "leaky"
- carry blood back to heart - deoxygenated
5 True/False questions
Air we breath ratio of nitrogen / oxygen → hole - pressures can be disrupted impairing minute volume
bleeding - force collapse wall.
Nervous System Dysfunction → - organ/gland problems
- too many hormones
- not enough hormones
Mechanical Nervous System Dysfunction → trauma, squeeze force. loss of cardiac muscle fxn.
Hypersensitivity → allergic reaction - exaggerated response by the immune system to a particular substance.
hypoxia → low oxygen levels