5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sympathetic heart
- a low oxygen levels
- b smallest arteries that connect to capillaries
- c cellular function of converting nutrients into energy
- d sensors in the brain and blood vessels that identify changing levels of oxygen and carbon dioxide.
- e increase heart rate and strength of contraction
5 Multiple choice questions
- the amount of blood ejected from the heart in one contraction
- a substance that when dissolved in water separates into charged particles. helps with nerve transmission and cardiac muscle depolarization.
- inability of body to adequately circulate blood to body's cells to supple them with oxygen and nutrients = shock.
cells hypoxic / anaerobic metabolism
- Relax or dilate blood vessels
- pressure within a blood vessel that tends to push water out of cell.
5 True/False questions
Sympathetic → open and clear, no obstruction, free from obstruction in airway.
break down of water in body → pressure inside vessels the heart pumps against. Systemic vascular resistance. drugs, smoking, genetics. causes heart disease and stroke!
hyper-hydration → too much water - decrease cell function
Glucose → contains DNA
Fluid Loss Disruption of Fluid Balance → swelling with movement of water. swelling associated with movement of water into interstitial space.