5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fluid Loss Disruption of Fluid Balance
- Sympathetic heart
- Stroke Volume
- Water levels controlled by 2 systems
- a die out - not enough water in the cell
- b dehydration - decrease in total amount of water in body.
- c increase heart rate and strength of contraction
- d Circulatory System and Renal System
- e the amount of blood ejected from the heart in one contraction
5 Multiple choice questions
- Force of contraction - how hard heart squeezes. More force = greater SV
- disease heart attack, heart failure, damage to electrical system, unorganized rhythms. ventricular fibrillation.
- creates edema
- amount of air breathed in during each respiration multiplied by the number of breaths per minute.
TV x BRP = MV
- - volume - don't have enough to move O2/CO2
- anemia - decrease in number of RBC and decrease ability to carry O2
- liver failure - retain water protein
5 True/False questions
Metabolism → cellular function of converting nutrients into energy
Aerobic Metabolism → cellular process in which oxygen is used to metabolize glucose. Energy is produced in an efficient manner with minimal waste products.
Blood → transports oxygen and carbon dioxide
Nervous System Dysfunction → - trauma
- bleeding/ swelling
- mechanical damage
WBC → hemoglobin