Chapter 2: Peripherals and Connectors - Comp TIA Fundamentals Exam FC0-U51
Terms in this set (20)
1. Which of the following ports was developed by Apple and is found on MacBooks?
D. Mac Video
1. C. Thunderbolt was developed by Apple, in partnership with Intel. eSATA and S-video are industry standards. There is no Mac Video por
2. If you want to plug in a keyboard, which types of connectors might you use? (Choose two.)
2. C, D. Keyboards can be plugged into either USB or PS/2 ports. Parallel ports were used for printers, and serial ports were used for modems and older mice.
3. What is the name of the connector that you are likely to find at the end of a twisted‐pair network cable?
3. B. Twisted-pair network cables are terminated with RJ-45 connectors.
4. You want to use the video connector with the best resolution. Which one should you pick?
4. A. HDMI is the best video connection standard available today. DVI and component video are older standards. HEMI is not a video connector.
5. What are the colors used by component video? (Choose three.)
5. A, B, D. Component video is also named RGB, standing for the three colors it uses: red, green, and blue.
6. Which type of printer uses a powdery substance to create images on paper?
6. D. Laser printers use toner, which is an ink-like plastic powder. The toner is held to the paper via weak electrical charges and then melted onto the paper via the printer's fuser.
7. Rebecca points at a flat square below her keyboard on her laptop and asks what that is. What is it?
7. B. A touchpad is a pointing device similar to a mouse. It's located on most laptop keyboards just below the keys.
8. Which of the following devices are both input and output devices? (Choose two.)
B. Flat screen
8. A, E. Network attached storage and smartphones are both input and output devices. Flat screens are output, whereas scanners and webcams are input devices.
9. What is the name of the round connector that is used for keyboards and mice?
9. B. The PS/2 connector is round and used for keyboards and mice. USB is also used for both devices, but it is rectangular.
10. You want to install a device in your office that allows for extra storage and has built‐in fault tolerance. Which device do you need?
D. External hard drive
10. A. The device you are looking for is network attached storage. External hard drives will give you extra storage but do not have built-in fault tolerance such as RAID 1 or RAID.
11. One of your friends asks you if you have any SuperSpeed devices. What type of device is she talking about?
11. C. SuperSpeed is a trade name for USB 3.0, so your friend is talking about USB devices. SSDs are solid state hard drives, and CRTs are monitors. eSATA is an external standard used mostly for hard drives.
12. You have a color inkjet printer. What type of ink cartridge does it most likely use?
D. ROYG B I V
12. B. Color inkjet printers use cyan, magenta, yellow, and black ink. Those cartridges are called CMYK.
13. In your office, you need to set up your computer for a video teleconference with another office. What peripheral do you need to make this work?
13. D. A webcam allows you to record or transmit video, which is needed for a video teleconference.
14. What type of connector do you plug into a modem?
14. A. RJ-11 connectors are used at the ends of phone lines, which are plugged into modems. RJ-45 connectors are used on the ends of twisted-pair network cables. 15. C. Laser printers use a fuser, which heats and melts the toner into the paper.
15. Which type of printer uses a fuser that gets hot and melts the image into the paper?
15. C. Laser printers use a fuser, which heats and melts the toner into the paper.
16. Which of the following types of monitors is most likely to have a Degauss button on it?
B. Flat screen
16. A. CRT monitors used vacuum tubes to show images, which sometimes built up static charges. The Degauss button removed the built-up charges.
17. Your friend discovered a joystick in a box of his brother's items in the attic. What type of connector might this joystick have? (Choose two.)
17. B, D. Joysticks today typically have USB connections. Older joysticks might have plugged into a game port, which was a 15-pin connector called a DA15.
18. Which of the following statements is true about DVI connectors?
A. They are digital only.
B. They are analog only.
C. They are digital and analog.
D. They support hybrid video technology
18. C. DVI connectors are digital in nature, but they are backward-compatible with analog VGA devices.
19. You have two Mac computers running OS X, and you want to connect them into a network. Which two types of connectors can help you accomplish this?
19. B, C. RJ-45 connectors are at the ends of network cables, so they are a distinct possibility. FireWire can also be used to create a network for Mac OS X or Linux computers.
20. Robert complains that the cursor on his laptop screen often jumps around unexpectedly when he's typing. What can he do to solve the problem?
A. Reinstall the mouse driver
B. Reinstall the video driver
C. Reboot the computer
D. Disable the touchpad
E. Stop typing
20. D. Although the answer of "stop typing" might be tempting, it's probably not the best answer if Robert wants to get work done. Disabling the touchpad will keep this problem from happening.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
ASCP MLT/MLS Certification Exam (BOC) Preparation
220-801 Practice Exam A Exam cram
Chapter 9: Supporting I/O Devices
Chapter 9 - Hardware Support A+(use)
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Chapter 12: Environmental and Safety Concepts - CompTIA IT Fundamentals Study Guide: Exam FC0-U51
Chapter 11: Computer Support and Backups - CompTIA IT Fundamentals Study Guide: Exam FC0-U51
Chapter 10: Buying and Configuring a Workstation - CompTIA IT Fundamentals Study Guide: Exam FC0-U51
Chapter 9: Security Best Practices Comp - TIA IT Fundamentals Study Guide: Exam FC0-U51
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Chapter 4: Software Applications - Comp TIA Fundamentals Exam FC0-U51
Chapter 3: Operating Systems - Comp TIA Fundamentals Exam FC0-U51
Chapter 5: Networking Technologies and Wireless Routers - Comp TIA Fundamentals Exam FC0-U51
Chapter 1: Core Hardware Components - Comp TIA Fundamentals Exam FC0-U51