Terms in this set (30)
1. Having or showing a feeling of superiority.
1. Following continuously. 2. In unbroken or logical sequence.
1. An outline, especially one of representing or bounding the shape or form of something.
1. Decrease in size, number, or range.
1. Be in conflict with.
1. Have a mutual relationship or connection.
1. A direct or natural consequence or result.
1. Expressing adverse or disappearing comments or judgements. 2. Expressing or involving an analysis of the merits and faults of a work of literature, music, or art. 3. Involving the objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgement. 4. (of a situation of problem) having the potential to become disastrous; at the point of a crisis.
1. Large or heavy and therefore difficult to carry or use. 2. Slow or complicated and therefore inefficient.
1. The amount by which something is too small.
1. Stick completely to a surface or substance. 2. Believe in or follow the practices of.
1. Not friendly or forthcoming. 2. Cool and distant.
1. Open to more than one interpretation. 2. Having a double meaning.
1. Examine in detail, typicaly for purpose of explanation and interpretation.
1. A short and amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person.
1. Cause someone to become hostile.
1. Regard as proable. 2. Expect or predict.
1. Anxious or fearful that something bad will happen.
1. Mysterious or secret.
1. State a fact or belief confidently and forcefully.
1. Evaluate or estimate the nature, ability, or quality of.
1. Regard something as being caused by someone or something.
1. Endure an ordeal or difficulty.
1. (of something bad) happen to someone.
1. Begin to grow or increase rapidly. 2. Flourish.
1. Logical and consistent.
1. Concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others.
1. Make up for something unwelcome or unpleasant by exerting an opposite force of effect.
1. A thing that completes or brings a perfection to a larger whole.
1. Write or create. 2. Constitute. 3. Make up.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Academic Word Lists - AWL Sublists
Word of the Day #1-60
Vocab for English 11
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Talk About Chores and Responsibilities, Plan a Party
Spanish, Describing a house in Spanish
Spanish test study guide
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
ACT 1 - 20