Create an account
53) Based on your knowledge of the polarity of water molecules, the solute molecule depicted here is most likely
54) How many grams would be equal to 1 mol of the compound shown in the figure above?
(carbon = 12, oxygen = 16, hydrogen = 1)
C) arrangement of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen atoms.
31) The figure above shows the structures of glucose and fructose. These two molecules differ in the
D) structural isomers.
32) The figure above shows the structures of glucose and fructose. These two molecules are
35) Which of the pairs of molecular structures shown below depict enantiomers (enantiomeric forms) of the same molecule?
36) Which of the pairs of molecular structures shown below do NOT depict enantiomers (enantiomeric forms) of the same molecule?
B) are mirror images of one another.
38) Thalidomide and L-dopa, shown below, are examples of pharmaceutical drugs that occur as enantiomers, or molecules that
47) Which of the groups shown above is a functional group that helps stabilize proteins by forming covalent cross-links within or between protein molecules?
49) Which of the groups above is an acidic functional group that can dissociate and release H+ into a solution?
50) Which of the groups above is a basic functional group that can accept H+ and become positively charged?
57) Which molecule shown above can increase the concentration of hydrogen ions in a solution and is therefore an organic acid?
D) All of these molecules except B will form hydrogen bonds with water.
59) Which molecules shown above will form hydrogen bonds with water?
62) Which molecule shown above contains a functional group that cells use to transfer energy between organic molecules?
A) structural isomers
69) Choose the term that correctly describes the relationship between these two sugar molecules:
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together