5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Michelangelo's Studies for the Libyan Sybil is a good example of a drawing that was meant to be used ____.
- In recent years, artists have produced ____ sculptures by welding, riveting, and soldering.
- Claes Oldenburg's Soft Toilet elevates an everyday object to a work of art and forces us to rethink its function in society. This is an example of ____.
- Mexican artist Frida Kahlo is best known for her extremely realistic and often anguished ____.
- The use of space and atmosphere in Max Beckmann's The Dream could be best described as ____.
- a as preparatory study for another project
- b direct metal
- c self-portraits
- d claustrophobic and compressed
- e pop art
5 Multiple choice questions
- mosaic serpent by Gaudi
- bilateral symmetry
- public art
5 True/False questions
Helen Oji's Mount St. Helen's is an opaque impasto composition in the shape of a(n) ____. → pop art
In the ____ process, the artist creates clean-cut lines on a plate of copper, zinc, or steel by forcing a sharp burin across the surface with the heel of the hand. → subtractive
The Synthetic Cubists were the first to create papiers collés, or collages, in the early 20th century. The two major figures of this movement were ____. → metal plates
In art, ____ refers to the distribution of the actual or apparent weight of the compositional elements. → balance
After meeting Ms. Mary Lou Furcron, African American artist Beverly Buchanan's life and art have focused on ____, as seen in Henriette's Yard. → southern shack dwellers