5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Leonardo da Vinci's Proportion of the Human Figure can best be considered an example of ____.
- Intaglio prints are made from ____ into which lines have been incised.
- In works with ____, the lines are completed by the viewer.
- In both tempera and oil painting, the surface of the wood or canvas is covered with a ground of powdered chalk or plaster and animal glue known as ____.
- Helen Oji's Mount St. Helen's is an opaque impasto composition in the shape of a(n) ____.
- a Japanese kimono
- b gesso
- c metal plates
- d implied line
- e bilateral symmetry
5 Multiple choice questions
- buon fresco, lime plaster
- patchwork quilt
- crumpled brown paper and string
5 True/False questions
Andy Goldsworthy's Ice Star was produced using ____. → it is a painstaking and time consuming procedure
The female image in Red Coat by Alex Katz is most reminiscent of a ____. → supermodel icon
What civilization was obsessed with its idea of beauty, and developed mathematical formulas for sculpting the human body so it would achieve ideal perfection? → Classical Greeks
____, in which parallel lines converge at one or more vantage points on the horizon to create the illusion of depth, was highly refined by ____ artists. → Linear perspective, Renaissance
Pen and ink are used to create drawings, such as Jean Dubuffet's Garden, that are essentially ____. → linear