5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Synthetic Cubists were the first to create papiers collés, or collages, in the early 20th century. The two major figures of this movement were ____.
- In works such as her Untitled mixed-media print of Chinese girls, Hung Liu's purpose is to ____.
- Which artist used their body as a building site for miniature dwellings for the work entitled Landscape-Body-Dwelling?
- Every Sunday, ____ suggests the motion of the characters by repetition of imagery that changes slightly from frame to frame.
- In the ____ process, the artist creates clean-cut lines on a plate of copper, zinc, or steel by forcing a sharp burin across the surface with the heel of the hand.
- a Charles Simonds
- b Dilbert
- c Picasso and Braque
- d engraving
- e highlight the degradation of previous generations of Chinese women
5 Multiple choice questions
- actual balance
- wash drawings
- weight of the massive stone lintels
- root five rectangle
5 True/False questions
In Four Marilyns, Pop artist Andy Warhol participated in the cultural ____ of the film star and icon Marilyn Monroe. → immortalization
According to Polykleitos, the head of an ideal human body should be ____ of the total height of the body. → one-eighth
Michelangelo's The Cross-Legged Captive is an example of ____ sculpture. → subtractive
Probably the most ubiquitous type of monument depicts a man on horseback, known as a(n) ____ statue. → shapes
Rembrandt used ____ to create his oil-on-board painting of the Head of St. Matthew. → impasto