5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The ____ shape of an artistic composition is considered the background.
- The painful realism of Kiki Smith's figures, complete with body parts and bodily fluids, was likely influenced by her career as a(n) ____.
- In Paul Landacre's Growing Corn, we see a good example of the ____ that can be obtained from the skillful use of wood engraving.
- The Incan fortress of Machu Picchu is considered to be ____ construction, as it was built without any mortar.
- Michelangelo's The Cross-Legged Captive is an example of ____ sculpture.
- a emergency medical technician
- b precise lines and tonal gradations
- c negative
- d dry mortar
- e subtractive
5 Multiple choice questions
- southern shack dwellers
- color reversal
- form follows function
5 True/False questions
Michelangelo's Studies for the Libyan Sybil is a good example of a drawing that was meant to be used ____. → as preparatory study for another project
The word photography is derived from Greek roots that mean ____. → to write with light
Which of the following is central to Peter Eisenman's Holocaust Memorial in Berlin? → a sense of loss and absence
The compositional unity in Thomas Hart Benton's Palisades derives primarily from ____. → curvilinear shapes and lines
When you look at a(n) ____ painting, your eyes are manipulated to see rippling movement and afterimages. → Big bambu