5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In works with ____, the lines are completed by the viewer.
- In Welcome the World Famous Brand, the Luo Brothers portray an overcrowded composition which emphasizes ____.
- Which classic early color film depicted real life in black and white and imaginary life in expressionistic color?
- Richard Morris Hunt's Griswold House, built in 1863, was designed in the short-lived ____ style. Its exterior treatment resembled an assemblage of matchsticks with many turrets, gables, and dormers.
- Dorothea Lange's Migrant Mother is a touching photograph taken during the period of ____.
- a implied line
- b convergence of consumerism and glabalism
- c stick
- d The Great Depression
- e Wizard of Oz
5 Multiple choice questions
- cantilevered decks
- land art
- Buckminster Fuller, geodistic dome
- his breath
5 True/False questions
A(n) ____ magnifies faraway objects and collapses the spaces between ordinarily distant objects. → shapes
Whether conscious of the mathematical basis of ancient Greek architectural designs or not, Michelangelo utilized their components when he painted the ____. → carving
Ralph Going's Rock Ola is a contradiction of what we normally consider when we think of a watercolor on paper because the work is considered to be ____. → appropriation art
One of the best preserved ancient Roman aqueduct systems is the ____ near Nimes, France. The ____ of the limestone blocks allowed for the weight of three tiers of arches. → tempera
Suzanne Valadon's Adam and Eve subverts ____. → imply movement and directionality