5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Daniel Libeskind's zigzag design for his extension of the Berlin Museum was derived mathematically from plotting the addresses of ____.
- Originally a derisive term, ____ uses mass produced, light, easily handled cuts of wood and metal nails for the assembly of millions of homes and small buildings on site.
- Peter Testa believes we "need to rethink how we assemble buildings" and has designed a high-rise tower out of ____.
- The ancient Greeks developed the concept of the ____ because they believed that it created ideal proportions in architecture.
- True fresco, or ____, is executed on damp ____.
- a Jewish artists killed in the Holocaust
- b woven carbon fiber
- c Golden Mean
- d buon fresco, lime plaster
- e balloon framing
5 Multiple choice questions
- actual balance
- conceptual unity
- radial balance
- rapid sketches and preparatory studies
5 True/False questions
The oldest known type of ink is India or China ink, made from a solution of ____. → carbon black and water
In the ____ process, the artist creates clean-cut lines on a plate of copper, zinc, or steel by forcing a sharp burin across the surface with the heel of the hand. → engraving
Count de Montizon's photograph The Hippopotamus at the Zoological Gardens, Regent's Park is trying to communicate the ____ of the exotic animal by comparing it to the nine onlookers behind it. → Traditional negative Christian views of women
Picasso protested the horror and brutality of the Spanish civil war in his 1937 masterpiece painting known as ____. → Big bambu
Which of the following statements about the patriarchal figure in Viola Frey's Family Portrait does not indicate his influential status within the family? → Toys can be seen in the composition