5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In The Painter and His Model, Picasso was able to approximate the effects of mezzotint with a much simpler technique known as ____.
- Claes Oldenburg's Soft Toilet elevates an everyday object to a work of art and forces us to rethink its function in society. This is an example of ____.
- From the Latin for "blood," ____ is the name associated with an earthy red chalk color.
- One of the most beloved public sculptures in America is Emma Stebbins' Angel of the Waters, located ____.
- ____ designed a type of shell architecture for the American Pavilion at Expo 67 in Montreal known as the ____.
- a aquatint
- b Buckminster Fuller, geodistic dome
- c pop art
- d sanguine
- e New York's Central Park
5 Multiple choice questions
- buon fresco, lime plaster
- soft velvety lines
- bilateral symmetry
5 True/False questions
With a drawing, the quality of line and the nature of shading are very much affected by the ____ of the support. → texture
Higher quality photographs are said to have higher ____. → resolution
If you superimpose a diagram of a ____ over a photograph of the East façade of the Parthenon, it is a perfect fit. → root five rectangle
The American sculptor ____ was one of the early pioneers of the ____, the first form of art that made motion a basic element. → post and lintel
In art, a ____ is usually defined as a moving dot and is both the simplest and most complex of the visual elements. → fenestration