5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The word photography is derived from Greek roots that mean ____.
- Woodcuts make use of the flat surface of wooden boards, but wood engravings use the end sections of the boards, yielding a ____ surface.
- After the daguerreotype, the next major advance in the history of photography was the development of the ____ process, an example of which is Young Lady with an Umbrella.
- A monotype differs from all other printmaking techniques because ____.
- William Wegman's Blue Period is a canine spoof on ____.
- a Picasso's Old Guitarist
- b hard, non-directional surface
- c it only yields a single, unique image
- d to write with light
- e autochrome
5 Multiple choice questions
- soft velvety lines
- imply movement and directionality
- public art
- in or for one location
5 True/False questions
In art, ____ refers to the distribution of the actual or apparent weight of the compositional elements. → balance
Janine Antoni's 600-pound cube, titled Gnaw, is made of ____ and sculpted by ____. → Picasso's Old Guitarist
Zhao Xiaomo's Family by the Lotus Pond is a(n) ____. The areas that were not meant to be printed were carved out ____ the surface of the wood. → woodcut, below
Light against dark or dark against light create visual differences in ____. → value
Sherry Levine's Fountains after Duchamp pays homage to Marcel Duchamp's original Dada "readymade" and is a classic example of ____. → The Great Depression