5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The ancient Egyptians and Greeks tinted their sculptures with ____ to give them a lifelike appearance.
- Unlike pure, bilateral symmetry, ____ provides variety within an overall unified composition.
- From the Latin for "blood," ____ is the name associated with an earthy red chalk color.
- African-American artist Faith Ringgold records the story of her life and dreams on a Harlem rooftop. Her painted memories are depicted within the framework of a(n) ____.
- Edward Steichen's ____, taken in 1906, is one of the foremost early examples of the photograph as a work of art.
- a Flat-iron building Evening
- b encaustic
- c patchwork quilt
- d sanguine
- e approximate symmetry
5 Multiple choice questions
- color and shape repetition
- crumpled brown paper and string
- cave walls
5 True/False questions
After the daguerreotype, the next major advance in the history of photography was the development of the ____ process, an example of which is Young Lady with an Umbrella. → autochrome
In creating his Christ Crucified between Two Thieves, Rembrandt used a drypoint needle in order to create ____. → prompt the viewer to think and think again
____ artists are masters of the brush-and-ink medium. They have used it for centuries for all types of ____. → Japanese, calligraphy
George Five Open Squares Gyratory is an example of a ____. → imply movement and directionality
William Wegman's Blue Period is a canine spoof on ____. → kinetic sculpture