5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Referring to sculptures such as ____, art critic Robert Hughes said such works were "everything that statues had not been: not monolithic, but open, not cast or carved, but assembled from flat planes."
- Goldsworthy's Storm King Wall snakes through fields and around trees, ____ and reappears to continue along the landscape.
- ____ is very likely the most demanding type of sculpture because the artist must have a clear concept of the final product from the very beginning of the process.
- American sculptor Alexander Calder is known for his mobiles, which are excellent examples of ____.
- A(n) ____ magnifies faraway objects and collapses the spaces between ordinarily distant objects.
- a telephoto lens
- b dips into a pond
- c carving
- d kinetic art
- e Picasso's Mandolin and Clarinet
5 Multiple choice questions
- imply movement and directionality
- cast iron
- approximate symmetry
5 True/False questions
Zhao Xiaomo's Family by the Lotus Pond is a(n) ____. The areas that were not meant to be printed were carved out ____ the surface of the wood. → woodcut, below
____ is a type of etching that can be used to produce the effects of crayon or pencil drawings. → Soft ground etching
Every Sunday, ____ suggests the motion of the characters by repetition of imagery that changes slightly from frame to frame. → balance
Actual texture is primarily experienced through the sense of ____. → touch
Higher quality photographs are said to have higher ____. → buon fresco, lime plaster