5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hernando DeSoto
- new trade routes, build empire, goods to trade
- Incas, Aztecs, Turks
- To find trade routes like the Northwest Passage
- a What did Portugal hope to gain with exploration?
- b What was the main reason for exploration in 1400s?
- c What is an agreement between nations about peace, trade, or other matters
- d What people created empires?
- e Who was the first person to lead the expedition of the first Europeans to see the Mississippi River?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who was the leader of the first expedition to sail around the world.
- What did England hope to gain with expoloration?
- was a navigator who helped da Gama sail around the Cape of Good Hope to India?
- He sailed west from Spain to the Americas looking for a water passage to Asia.
- Who traveled with his father and uncle into China and the Indies?
5 True/False questions
Ponce de Leon → Who traveled with his father and uncle into China and the Indies?
Incas → Who helped Hernando Cortes fight the Aztecs since they were unhappy with Aztec rule?
Indians → One of the largest and richest empires to rule South America.
Johannes Gutenberg → Who is the person who claimed Florida for Spain while he was looking for the Fountain of Youth?
Prince Henry the Navigator → He started a school for training sailors in navigation which also helpe improve two important navigation tools: astrolabe and the compass.