5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- larger empire, spices and riches, expand Christianity, animal furs
- expand knowledgeof the world, build empire, find spices and riches, expand Christianity
- Marco Polo
- a Who helped Hernando Cortes fight the Aztecs since they were unhappy with Aztec rule?
- b What did Spain hope to gain with exploration?
- c Who traveled with his father and uncle into China and the Indies?
- d What did France hope to gain with exploration?
- e What is an agreement between nations about peace, trade, or other matters
5 Multiple choice questions
- What was the main reason for exploration in 1400s?
- Who captured the important trading city, Constantinople, giving them control of the Middle East and closing the trade routes to Asia.
- Who searched for Northwest Passage to find a route to Asia.
- Who asked his people to stop fighting Cortes's forces?
- What people created empires?
5 True/False questions
Henry Hudson → Who was the first person to lead the expedition of the first Europeans to see the Mississippi River?
storms, starvation, sickness, → What Dangers did the explorers face in the 1400s?
Incas → One of the largest and richest empires to rule South America.
Hernando DeSoto → Who claimed the Hudson River valley for the Dutch?
Everything Spain wanted plus gold and silver → Who was the leader of the first expedition to sail around the world.