5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Johannes Gutenberg
- Henry Hudson
- European Explorers
- Incas, Aztecs, Turks
- Ponce de Leon
- a What people created empires?
- b Who searched for Northwest Passage to find a route to Asia.
- c Who is the person who claimed Florida for Spain while he was looking for the Fountain of Youth?
- d Who claimed the Hudson River valley for the Dutch?
- e He invents a new way to print books.
5 Multiple choice questions
- One of the largest and richest empires to rule South America.
- Who was the first person to lead the expedition of the first Europeans to see the Mississippi River?
- What is an agreement between nations about peace, trade, or other matters
- What Dangers did the explorers face in the 1400s?
- He started a school for training sailors in navigation which also helpe improve two important navigation tools: astrolabe and the compass.
5 True/False questions
Motecuhzoma → Who traveled with his father and uncle into China and the Indies?
expand knowledgeof the world, build empire, find spices and riches, expand Christianity → What did France hope to gain with exploration?
Everything Spain wanted plus gold and silver → What did England hope to gain with expoloration?
Ferdinand Magellan → Who was the first person to lead the expedition of the first Europeans to see the Mississippi River?
Marco Polo → Who asked his people to stop fighting Cortes's forces?