5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- storms, starvation, sickness,
- European Explorers
- Ferdinand Magellan
- Prince Henry the Navigator
- Johannes Gutenberg
- a Who searched for Northwest Passage to find a route to Asia.
- b He invents a new way to print books.
- c What Dangers did the explorers face in the 1400s?
- d Who was the leader of the first expedition to sail around the world.
- e He started a school for training sailors in navigation which also helpe improve two important navigation tools: astrolabe and the compass.
5 Multiple choice questions
- What did England hope to gain with expoloration?
- One of the largest and richest empires to rule South America.
- Who was the first person to lead the expedition of the first Europeans to see the Mississippi River?
- What was the main reason for exploration in 1400s?
- What did Portugal hope to gain with exploration?
5 True/False questions
Marco Polo → Who asked his people to stop fighting Cortes's forces?
Indians → Who helped Hernando Cortes fight the Aztecs since they were unhappy with Aztec rule?
Ponce de Leon → Who is the person who claimed Florida for Spain while he was looking for the Fountain of Youth?
Treaty → What is an agreement between nations about peace, trade, or other matters
expand knowledgeof the world, build empire, find spices and riches, expand Christianity → What did Spain hope to gain with exploration?