5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Marco Polo
- new trade routes, build empire, goods to trade
- Incas, Aztecs, Turks
- a Who traveled with his father and uncle into China and the Indies?
- b Who asked his people to stop fighting Cortes's forces?
- c What people created empires?
- d Who captured the important trading city, Constantinople, giving them control of the Middle East and closing the trade routes to Asia.
- e What did Portugal hope to gain with exploration?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who helped Hernando Cortes fight the Aztecs since they were unhappy with Aztec rule?
- was a navigator who helped da Gama sail around the Cape of Good Hope to India?
- What Dangers did the explorers face in the 1400s?
- What is an agreement between nations about peace, trade, or other matters
- He started a school for training sailors in navigation which also helpe improve two important navigation tools: astrolabe and the compass.
5 True/False questions
Hernando DeSoto → Who was the first person to lead the expedition of the first Europeans to see the Mississippi River?
European Explorers → Who searched for Northwest Passage to find a route to Asia.
larger empire, spices and riches, expand Christianity, animal furs → What did England hope to gain with expoloration?
expand knowledgeof the world, build empire, find spices and riches, expand Christianity → What did Spain hope to gain with exploration?
Ponce de Leon → Who traveled with his father and uncle into China and the Indies?