5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Everything Spain wanted plus gold and silver
- Marco Polo
- expand knowledgeof the world, build empire, find spices and riches, expand Christianity
- a Who traveled with his father and uncle into China and the Indies?
- b Who helped Hernando Cortes fight the Aztecs since they were unhappy with Aztec rule?
- c What did Spain hope to gain with exploration?
- d Who asked his people to stop fighting Cortes's forces?
- e What did England hope to gain with expoloration?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who claimed the Hudson River valley for the Dutch?
- was a navigator who helped da Gama sail around the Cape of Good Hope to India?
- He invents a new way to print books.
- What did France hope to gain with exploration?
- Who is the person who claimed Florida for Spain while he was looking for the Fountain of Youth?
5 True/False questions
Turks → One of the largest and richest empires to rule South America.
Christoper Columbus → Who traveled with his father and uncle into China and the Indies?
storms, starvation, sickness, → What people created empires?
new trade routes, build empire, goods to trade → What was the main reason for exploration in 1400s?
Incas, Aztecs, Turks → Who captured the important trading city, Constantinople, giving them control of the Middle East and closing the trade routes to Asia.