5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Marco Polo
- storms, starvation, sickness,
- Ponce de Leon
- a Who traveled with his father and uncle into China and the Indies?
- b Who helped Hernando Cortes fight the Aztecs since they were unhappy with Aztec rule?
- c Who captured the important trading city, Constantinople, giving them control of the Middle East and closing the trade routes to Asia.
- d Who is the person who claimed Florida for Spain while he was looking for the Fountain of Youth?
- e What Dangers did the explorers face in the 1400s?
5 Multiple choice questions
- He sailed west from Spain to the Americas looking for a water passage to Asia.
- Who was the first person to lead the expedition of the first Europeans to see the Mississippi River?
- What did England hope to gain with expoloration?
- Who searched for Northwest Passage to find a route to Asia.
- He started a school for training sailors in navigation which also helpe improve two important navigation tools: astrolabe and the compass.
5 True/False questions
new trade routes, build empire, goods to trade → What was the main reason for exploration in 1400s?
Incas, Aztecs, Turks → What people created empires?
larger empire, spices and riches, expand Christianity, animal furs → What did France hope to gain with exploration?
Incas → Who helped Hernando Cortes fight the Aztecs since they were unhappy with Aztec rule?
Ferdinand Magellan → Who was the leader of the first expedition to sail around the world.