5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Marco Polo
- expand knowledgeof the world, build empire, find spices and riches, expand Christianity
- Henry Hudson
- Johannes Gutenberg
- a He invents a new way to print books.
- b What did Spain hope to gain with exploration?
- c Who traveled with his father and uncle into China and the Indies?
- d Who claimed the Hudson River valley for the Dutch?
- e What is an agreement between nations about peace, trade, or other matters
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who is the person who claimed Florida for Spain while he was looking for the Fountain of Youth?
- Who asked his people to stop fighting Cortes's forces?
- What did Portugal hope to gain with exploration?
- was a navigator who helped da Gama sail around the Cape of Good Hope to India?
- He sailed west from Spain to the Americas looking for a water passage to Asia.
5 True/False questions
storms, starvation, sickness, → What Dangers did the explorers face in the 1400s?
Turks → One of the largest and richest empires to rule South America.
Hernando DeSoto → Who was the first person to lead the expedition of the first Europeans to see the Mississippi River?
Incas → Who helped Hernando Cortes fight the Aztecs since they were unhappy with Aztec rule?
To find trade routes like the Northwest Passage → What did Portugal hope to gain with exploration?