5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- larger empire, spices and riches, expand Christianity, animal furs
- storms, starvation, sickness,
- To find trade routes like the Northwest Passage
- a One of the largest and richest empires to rule South America.
- b What did France hope to gain with exploration?
- c Who captured the important trading city, Constantinople, giving them control of the Middle East and closing the trade routes to Asia.
- d What was the main reason for exploration in 1400s?
- e What Dangers did the explorers face in the 1400s?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What people created empires?
- was a navigator who helped da Gama sail around the Cape of Good Hope to India?
- Who was the leader of the first expedition to sail around the world.
- What did England hope to gain with expoloration?
- Who helped Hernando Cortes fight the Aztecs since they were unhappy with Aztec rule?
5 True/False questions
Johannes Gutenberg → Who is the person who claimed Florida for Spain while he was looking for the Fountain of Youth?
Treaty → Who captured the important trading city, Constantinople, giving them control of the Middle East and closing the trade routes to Asia.
Marco Polo → Who asked his people to stop fighting Cortes's forces?
Christoper Columbus → Who traveled with his father and uncle into China and the Indies?
European Explorers → Who searched for Northwest Passage to find a route to Asia.