5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Marco Polo
- Everything Spain wanted plus gold and silver
- a What did England hope to gain with expoloration?
- b What is an agreement between nations about peace, trade, or other matters
- c Who traveled with his father and uncle into China and the Indies?
- d Who captured the important trading city, Constantinople, giving them control of the Middle East and closing the trade routes to Asia.
- e Who asked his people to stop fighting Cortes's forces?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who was the first person to lead the expedition of the first Europeans to see the Mississippi River?
- Who was the leader of the first expedition to sail around the world.
- He sailed west from Spain to the Americas looking for a water passage to Asia.
- What did Spain hope to gain with exploration?
- was a navigator who helped da Gama sail around the Cape of Good Hope to India?
5 True/False questions
storms, starvation, sickness, → What people created empires?
Johannes Gutenberg → Who is the person who claimed Florida for Spain while he was looking for the Fountain of Youth?
Henry Hudson → Who was the first person to lead the expedition of the first Europeans to see the Mississippi River?
Incas → One of the largest and richest empires to rule South America.
new trade routes, build empire, goods to trade → What did Portugal hope to gain with exploration?