5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In order to balance the net charge of an acid, what should be adde to the equation?
- What is the oxidation number of free elements? Ex. Ne, Br2, S8
- What is the most electronegative element?
- What is the oxidation number of hydrogen when combined with metals?
- When does combination, synthesis, or formation reactions occur?
- a H+ ions and H2O
- b when two substances, usually in their elemental forms, combine to form a compound.
- c Fluorine
- d zero
- e -1
5 Multiple choice questions
- peroxides and superoxides
- +1 and +2
- reactants are oxidized
- the curved liquid surface on a graduated cylinder
5 True/False questions
The reducing agent (provides electrons to the other species being reduced) is another name for? → the oxidized species
What is the oxidation number of Gp VIIA elements in compound unless combined with a more negative element? → -1
a compound breaks apart into two or more products → Decomposition Reaction Ex. C -->A+B
Reactions that releases heat to their surroundings → Exothermic Reactions
The following changes indicate what? Gain electrons, compound decreases in oxygen, or compound increases in hydrogen → reactants are reduced