5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Reactions that releases heat to their surroundings
- What must the oxidation number for a chemical species equal?
- What compound have the oxidation number of +3?
- ions from two different compounds change places to form two new compounds.
- uncombined form of one element displaces (and replaces) another element in a compound, forming a new compound
- a Aluminum and gallium
- b Exothermic Reactions
- c Double Displacement or Double Replacement Reaction Ex. AB+CD=AD+CB
- d The net charge on the species
- e Single Displacement or Single Replacement Reactions Ex. A+BC=AC+B
5 Multiple choice questions
- Oxidation number
- the more electronegative atom
- the reduced species
- peroxides and superoxides
5 True/False questions
What properties depend on the quantity of the sample? Ex. height, weight, mass and size → extensive properties
What is the oxidation number of Gp VIIA elements in compound unless combined with a more negative element? → -1
In order to balance the net charge of an acid, what should be adde to the equation? → H+ ions and H2O
The reducing agent (provides electrons to the other species being reduced) is another name for? → the oxidized species
The ration of the mass of a substance to its volume (D=m/v) → Density