5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Reactions that absorb heat from their surroundings
- a solid compound fromed from double displacement or double replacement reactions
- Which bond will have a negative oxidation number while the other atom will have a positive oxidation number?
- What is the oxidation number of Gp VIIA elements in compound unless combined with a more negative element?
- a Precipitate
- b the more electronegative atom
- c -1
- d Endothermic Reactions
- e Reactant gains electrons (becomes more negative)
5 Multiple choice questions
- extensive properties
- the oxidized species
- when two substances, usually in their elemental forms, combine to form a compound.
5 True/False questions
What electronegative element, combined with any other element has an oxidation number of -1 → Aluminum and gallium
How do you determine the volume of a sample? → Difference between mass of empty container and container plus sample
The ration of the mass of a substance to its volume (D=m/v) → Density
Reactions that releases heat to their surroundings → Exothermic Reactions
What are the exceptions for oxygens oxidation number not to be -2 but -1? → peroxides and superoxides