5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How do you determine the volume of a solid?
- What is the second electronegative element?
- What is the oxidation number of free elements? Ex. Ne, Br2, S8
- When combined with nonmetals, what is the oxidation number of Hydrogen?
- The oxidizing agent (recieves the electrons lost by the reducing agent) is another name for?
- a the reduced species
- b +1
- c zero
- d place solid into the liquid of a partially filled graduated cylinder until it is completely submerged
- e Oxygen
5 Multiple choice questions
- the more electronegative atom
- One reactant loses electrons (becomes more positive))
- Double Displacement or Double Replacement Reaction Ex. AB+CD=AD+CB
- when two substances, usually in their elemental forms, combine to form a compound.
- intensive properties
5 True/False questions
What is the oxidation number of hydrogen when combined with metals? → zero
the tendency of an atom in a bond to attract shared electrons → electronegativity
What is the name of the mixture used in some commercially available diabetes test kits? → g/cm3
What electronegative element, combined with any other element has an oxidation number of -1 → Fluorine
What properties depend on the quantity of the sample? Ex. height, weight, mass and size → extensive properties