5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pepin the Short
- "the Hammer"
- Lothair the Elder
- a Pepin's son; name means "Charles the Great"
- b meaning of "Martel"
- c Charles Martel's son who became Mayor of the Palace and followed his father as a strong leader
- d retained the title of emperor and received the central part
- e rigid rules for monks
5 Multiple choice questions
- the ability of the church to appoint leaders authorized to speak & act in Christ's name
- Donation of Pepin; other name
- series of provinces
- doctrine that bread and wine become body & blood of Jesus in the hands of the Eucharist
- most dominant Germanic tribe
5 True/False questions
Holy Roman Empire → was born when Otto the Great was crowned
Peter of Bruis → founded the Waldensians
Electors → Muslims from N. Africa
indulgences → church leader who declared that every church must agree with the church of Rome
Carolingian miniscule → legible style of handwriting which became the basis for modern handwriting