5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Christmas Day 800
- dioceses and parishes
- "the Hammer"
- Council of Toulouse
- a deceased Christians officially recognized by the church as holy
- b forbade anyone except a clergyman to possess a copy of the Bible
- c divisions of the Roman Church's territory
- d Charlemagne is "unexpectedly" crowned emperor of Rome by the pope
- e meaning of "Martel"
5 Multiple choice questions
- proclaimed that one must be subject to the Roman pope to obtain salvation
- "the king's envoys"
- church leader who declared that every church must agree with the church of Rome
- retained the title of emperor and received the central part
- Greek for "servant"
5 True/False questions
Gregory I → recognized pope over the Roman church in 445
Church of Rome → became prominent before the end of the second century
Emperor of the Romans → Otto was crowned...?
Charles the Bald → received the western part of the empire
Lorraine → an area along the northern coast of France